Anyone in the Md. Forest Stewardship Program?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    I am looking for a way to reduce my taxes on 70+ acres in Garrett county and came across this program. Anyone here know anything about it?

Apparently if you are in this program your tax assessed value drops to $187.50 per acre. Of course there are some requirements and you have to pay $250 for a complete stewardship plan ( that isn't written in stone) and a few other details. Anyone have any experience with this program?

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I am looking for a way to reduce my taxes on 70+ acres in Garrett county and came across this program. Anyone here know anything about it?

Apparently if you are in this program your tax assessed value drops to $187.50 per acre. Of course there are some requirements and you have to pay $250 for a complete stewardship plan ( that isn't written in stone) and a few other details. Anyone have any experience with this program?

I don't have any knowledge so I can't help.

However, when I'm dreaming of my escape from the DPRM and checking out acreage on Landwatch, I see lot's more acreage in places like TN and NC for a whole lot less tax that what the stewardship here gets you. Even when they're "helping" you, MD is screwing you.

ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    I don't have any knowledge so I can't help.

However, when I'm dreaming of my escape from the DPRM and checking out acreage on Landwatch, I see lot's more acreage in places like TN and NC for a whole lot less tax that what the stewardship here gets you. Even when they're "helping" you, MD is screwing you.

True !! But the my assessed value right now is $500 per acre and that is listed as AG land !

Of course this is assessed value. So I actually pay $1.00 per every $100 of value.

pro1742

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County

It is true you can save alot of money. Iam in the program and pay less than $500.00 in taxes on 228 acres. You have to a file a forestry management plan with the county. You would be best suited to do so using a certified forester as they will know exactly what needs to be done. They will come out to cruise your property and meet with you to define your exact goal you are trying to achieve.

It does not cost much and will save you a ton of money in property taxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom