Anyone know about the next Bel Air show?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I picked up a few boxes of 40 cal HST's for 18 bucks and some target stuff for 16 a box. Seemed like ok prices and the guy has been there the past few times so figured I'd help him out.

I went around 11am and couldn't move inside due to all the people. Went back at around 2:30 and it was still crowded, but about 1/2 the people. Had a hard time seeing things since so many people just stand and stare at the guns. I mean come on guys, when someone asks if you have questions and your response is "No thanks" you shouldn't just stand and stare.

Didn't see much out of the ordinary, Deb was there and I got to say hi to her.

Didn't see any prices any better than a shop or online, you'd think the vendors would want to do a show special of some sort. Did notice the crowd was VERY diverse this time. Older and younger, male and female, from appearances I saw expensive clothes and what I was wearing :-) Good to see so many different people.

The only bit of "stupid" i saw was when leaving some guy was outside on main street cycling a shotgun as he aimed it at a building. Great sight I am sure for the cars driving by and seeing the "gun nuts" playing in the street. Dude, if you are on MDS think about how it looked my friend.

Lastly a question: Those scopes in the green boxes you see at the gun shows, how are they? Same older guy selling them, some of them seem very cool but I don't want to spend a couple hundred on junk.

Overall glad to see Bel Air seems to support the shooting sports.

TD

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Gun shows and no space to walk are synonymous.

I would think it sometimes gets to the point it's counter productive to have a gun show since at peak times there is so much of a crowd, you can't even stop to look at anything.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    I think you mean "are synonymous", Papi? :)

The Bel Air show definitely needs more room to spread out.

Last edited:

anthonyjhallen

May 16, 2011
    APG
    Lastly a question: Those scopes in the green boxes you see at the gun shows, how are they? Same older guy selling them, some of them seem very cool but I don't want to spend a couple hundred on junk.

Overall glad to see Bel Air seems to support the shooting sports.

TD

Those are NCStar. If it was my money, it would not be spent on NCStar. Just sayin.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I stopped in this afternoon with my dad. I can't complain anytime I get to go to a show, but prices were all high. $600 for WASRs, $1200 for Garands, and a $500 sks all were laughable. Cramped inside too. Seemed like a lot families with little kids and stuff, wandering through.

RegularJay

NRA & SAF Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2007
    Harford County
    I stopped by after work today just to support a local show. This show REALLY needs to move to a larger spot. Even if I'd had money to spend I couldn't get close enough to anything to buy it.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I pretty much refuse to go to any of these MD gun shows anymore. To crowded, priced to high and generally a waste of money/time.

I did meet ElFlasko and some others for breakfest at the Dbl T diner before they went to the show. Breakfest was awsom with awsom company.

Thanks guys.

drew_acid

Kreuzritter
    8 AM breakfast at TT - heart attack special - SOS, potatoes and a side of grits....

Lucked into a Main St. parking spot almost in front of the armory. Walked up to the door at 8:55 paid my 5 bucks, went right in, saw everything I wanted to see and was back out the door at 9:35. Home by 10 AM.

I thought it was a good show, not crowded, some very realistic prices and some not so much - overall :thumbsup:

Didn't buy anything, but saw a few Winchester '94s priced where I thought they should be which will help in an upcoming negotiation...:innocent0

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    $600 for WASRs, and a $500 sks

27d307df_Gladiator_thumbs_down.gif

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I did meet ElFlasko and some others for breakfest at the Dbl T diner before they went to the show. Breakfest was awsom with awsom company.

Thanks guys.

Good to see you too pal.

Show was exactly what we expected. Prices were generally on the high side, but it's a md show so not surprising I guess. This is the 3rd year I've gone with a few MDS people and it's always a good time. Bought a few boxes of ammo from JSW as I always do, then off to Sean bolans for beers :) the show does need more room though.

Stopped at Maryland quartermasters as well. Really like that place and looking forward to them getting the ffl up and running.

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    Ryan you should have hung around a little longer, I managed to pickup a 1958 Marlin 39A in good shape for 315.00. I almost got one back in Sept that one went for 550.00

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    I went Saturday ... It was just to packed to be able to get to half the tables I wanted to see. They need to tape some arrow marking on the floor any try to make each Isle marked in that direction. It should help some , then again would any one pay attention ?

I did see one member there wearing a Maryland Shooters T shirt but was unable to greet him from the amount of people there. I dont think it was that many people there last year, then again it went on the last day if I remember right .

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Waste of $5 for me..... But it was a show.... The only thing that was worthwhile was a walk up the street to Maryland Quartermasters to order some stuff.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    Waste of $5 for me..... But it was a show.... The only thing that was worthwhile was a walk up the street to Maryland Quartermasters to order some stuff.

That is the first time I have ever heard of Maryland Quartermasters. And I am Bel Air almost every day !

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    118 South Main, near the courthouse... Cool place.. been open a few months. They have a window display that might lead you to believeit is a clothing store or other mercantile.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    I went Friday and then Saturday with a friend. Unfortunately, this was the first time that I have to say this show sucked. Not much of a selection and everything was overpriced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom