• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I'd say it's not a bad price, not with the panic buying still going strong.

squeky

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2007
    Frederick
    Welded muzzle nut and no bayo lug for $500+? Pfft. Even in panic times, just wait for AIM to get a new batch in with a muzzle break and bayonet lug for cheaper than this deal. The ban went out in 2004, we shouldn't be buying post-bans when there is no ban anymore!

LowRecoil

Federalist
    Mar 18, 2007
    Harford
    WASR's used to be (or some are) single stack guns, meaning that they were (are) limited to 10 rd magazines. After the ban expired the mag well was dremeled out so that they accept high cap mags. Just read the descriptions carefully because I still see people selling the non-converted ones at times. The dremeling is what causes the mag wobble.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    $509 isn't bad considering the Obama rush, but I caouldn't help notice that they were out of stock. I got my SAR-1 about 7 or so years ago for a hair under $400, and at the time, guys were talking about the "goold old days" when one could be had for about $250. I guess its all relative.

squeky

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2007
    Frederick
    So a WASR isn't specifically post-ban, without the bayonet lug and welded muzzle nut (whatever that means)?

Nope. Post-bans (WASR-10) don't have the lug or threads. Sometimes they have a muzzle nut welded on the muzzle to make threading the barrel involve one more step. Some of them don't have anything on the muzzle--no threads or nut.

No-ban WASRs are GP (general purpose) WASRs. They have the threaded muzzle with brake, bayo lug, and sometimes a folding or underfolder stock (GP WASR-10/63).

So, there's a small model number difference, but everyone refers to them collectively as "WASRs".

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    That Romanian Shooters package looks pretty sweet!

so i'm guess this weapon is already 922(r) compliant as-is being that they can ship with US and foreign made mags?

also, i wonder if Classic would be willing to ship those 30 rounders to another address other than the one the rifle, etc, ships to? :cool:

LowRecoil

Federalist
    Mar 18, 2007
    Harford
    if you're going to get one, dont hesitate. Everytime I see them posted on a site, they are sold out within a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom