• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I know lee made a custom run a while back for one vendor and supposedly isnt doing any more custom for anyone else.

Want one of these, but really hate to get into an obscure caliber without a die set.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Buff7mm on here had one (RI 1911 in 22TCM). We've shot it a few times. Id prefer that round over the FN 5.7 round. It belts fireballs out of the muzzle, and Im convinced that round is loaded with a rifle powder VS, typical pistol powders.

I think Buff got rid of it because of the fat mag well and grip. Its a double stack, so if your used to traditional 1911's, it may feel a little akward to shoot.

I also measured the empty cases, and the diameter are a .223 case, minus the length.The case head diameter, body width, and mouth diameter is the same as a .223 case.

Armscor is going to intro a bolt action rifle chambered in 22TCM, if its not out already.

As for dies - havent seen any offered yet, but Im sure in time they will be if the round takes off.

brackishfly

Nov 17, 2012
    So. Maryland
    I'm of the mindset if I shoot it, reload for it, i.e. .357/.38., .327/.32 all. etc. The TCM is on my shortlist, unfortunately the MSP turnaround on a .22/45 Lite purchase in March means taking possession of the .22/45 in maybe June, wait 30 days to put in an order for the TCM in July and I'm still not sure how this order will be effected by the SB281 mag limit in October WT!!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I'm of the mindset if I shoot it, reload for it, i.e. .357/.38., .327/.32 all. etc. The TCM is on my shortlist, unfortunately the MSP turnaround on a .22/45 Lite purchase in March means taking possession of the .22/45 in maybe June, wait 30 days to put in an order for the TCM in July and I'm still not sure how this order will be effected by the SB281 mag limit in October WT!!

Get your designated collector letter. Let me know how you like the .22/45 lite. I have one of those on my short list now they come in black.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN

I am surprised how many people on MDS haven't taken the time to become a designated connector. I can see not on MDS as they have likely never heard of it but hasn't everyone on MDS heard of designated connector.

Thanks
    Robert

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I am surprised how many people on MDS haven't taken the time to become a designated connector. I can see not on MDS as they have likely never heard of it but hasn't everyone on MDS heard of designated connector.

Thanks
    Robert

Yup but I would still like to find a line on some dies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom