• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VHT4ME

Jan 7, 2021
    Looking for a high quality 22lr pistol for use with a suppressor. I really like older pistols like hi standard and buckmark. But I've never seen them suppressed. My friend has a Taurus TX22. I'd prefer a steel frame pistol with a light trigger.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Rugers will go longer between cleanings but the high standards suppress just fine. I used to have a 107 that I ran an integrally suppressed barrel on. Sold the whole rig to a buddy. My current 107 (supermatic trophy) is not a can host but it could be if I bought an extra barrel and threaded it.

Not a fan of the buckmark.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I have a suppressor on our Buckmark. Had to buy a threaded barrel.

1000002511.jpg

Last edited:

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    ACC used to make a Buckmark with integral suppressor. Called the Dragonfly I think. Only issue that I recall was difficult to clean, and .22LR are dirty!

I have two 22 long rifle conversions for my Glock pistols. One for a g17 size frame and one on a g19 size frame. Both with threaded barrels and I have a spark rimfire silencer for them. Basically when you're using subsonic rounds the only thing you hear is the Striker hitting the rim and the air being forced out of the barrel. There is almost no report at all. I have airsoft guns that are louder than my suppressed 22 pistols.

Last edited:

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I run an Ruger SR22 suppressed and my wife has a Ruger Mark IV. I actually prefer it on my SR as it is much quieter for us.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have both a buck mark and 22/45 threaded. The buckmark is my go to. It is quieter and more accurate than the 22/45. Both were factory threaded. I have a couple other 22 hosts, but they don't get much use anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom