• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I have been contemplating using either my Sig p226 or p227 for steel challenge and if I ever get time to practice for USPSA.

I have been using a Brazos tuned STI edge (the very last one he ever tuned) or a Sig p320 X5 that I tuned with a Grey Guns trigger etc…Both guns are excellent and I don’t have enough time, practice, skill to use them to their full potential.

However, when I first got back into shooting (triggered by the 2013 FSA) I purchased a p227 and spent 3 days with it at the Sig Academy. I really like the sig p22x platform, however the DA trigger pull is a struggle. I dry-fire etc…
    My p227 has had the SRT trigger and a little bit of tuning.
    The p226 was a police surplus that I sent to Sig for an SRT and action enhancement practice, however the DA trigger pull is still not what I like.

I am debating sending one or both to Sig Armorer or getting parts from Armory Craft and Gray Guns and doing the work myself.

Have any of you done this?

JKM525

Feb 7, 2022
    Well, you hit on what I was going to say. That DA is heavy, especially if you want to use it in competition shooting. So unless you swap the trigger and spend some serious time getting to know it, my vote would be for something else.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Well, you hit on what I was going to say. That DA is heavy, especially if you want to use it in competition shooting. So unless you swap the trigger and spend some serious time getting to know it, my vote would be for something else.

My goal is to try to tune the DA to make it fun to shoot in competition.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Maybe I was lucky , but my P225 ( civilian , not P6 ) has excellent DA , best of any DA/SA I've owned . My go to for any 9mm requirements

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Pre-staging the trigger during the draw, pressing the trigger during presentation, and breaking the first round when pressed out solves the DA issue.
    Practice from the high ready with your finger on the trigger, pressing the trigger as you press out and have the hammer break when your arms are extended out on target.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I am wondering if there is any upgrades to my existing p226/p227 that will improve their DA function.

Have you polished the internals, and tried a few pounds weaker hammer spring? That'll cost you less than $20. Worst case, you're stuck with softer primers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom