• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I found this odd looking 13 pound monster leaning up against a tree in my yard. Figured I'd keep it.

Actually I got it off a good buddy. It's an 1874 Sharps Down Under from Taylor's and Co. I have wanted one of these for a few years and I tell you it is build like a TANK. I am dying to shoot it! It'll serve me well this spring in the Rockies. This rifle is so badass, it killed my truck's batteries!

qure5ane.jpg

enebehun.jpg

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    My God. That thing looks as if it calls eternal damnation to anything that dares stand before it. The fireball of its breath hath its creation from the hearth of hell itself. And the shooter must swear upon hippocrats himself that his constitution is of well-being to handle such fearsome recoil.

Sorry, was reading some Twain earlier. Very nice.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    My God. That thing looks as if it calls eternal damnation to anything that dares stand before it. The fireball of its breath hath its creation from the hearth of hell itself. And the shooter must swear upon hippocrats himself that his constitution is of well-being to handle such fearsome recoil.

Sorry, was reading some Twain earlier. Very nice.

It's not bad , that barrel tames it down pretty good .

adjusterr

Mar 28, 2011
    Indian Springs, Western MD
    Years ago I bought a "Quigley" 45/110 from Pedersoli. I couldn't be more pleased with the craftsmanship and performance. I'm fortunate enough to have a "Ballistics" friend who worked up a smokeless powder load rather than the original black powder, much cleaner. Best shot is a 26" steel target at 800 yards, vernier sight, took 5 attempts and a friend with a big spotting scope who helped me "walk" it in. The gun is beaqutiful, fun to shoot and a real attention getter. Good luck with yours.

Dec 31, 2012
    Nice.
    I'll be getting to try my hand with a 45-70 on Thanksgiving day.
    I've been told it's a beast which seems to be the prevailing opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom