• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • O2b4wln

Sep 16, 2011
    Tellico or Moab
    Howdy folks,
    I'm heading up to cresap this Saturday to try out my new ddm4 and wanted to know a good place to pick up a Magpul BUIS rear sight locally.

I'm coming up from Gaithersburg so my options are limited.

Thanks,
    O2b4wln

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Engage or Atlantic Guns will have them. Just call ahead to confirm. Both shops are relatively close to Gaithersburg.

O2b4wln

Sep 16, 2011
    Tellico or Moab
    I was hoping for something on the way up, unfortunately Engage is in the opposite direction and I'll never give Atlantic Guns my business again after my first experience in dealing with them.

I appreciate the recommendations though.

O2b4wln

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Honestly, I don't know of any shops that would carry a Magpul BUIS between Gburg and Cresap.

Maybe post in the WTB forum looking for one?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Have you done business with them before?

yes a Glock 22 and a KIMBER all at MSRP

ridiculously high prices
    refusal to deal at all
    arrogant and unhelpful staff

Other than that nothing.

I looked at a used Delta and they wanted more money than I could buy NIB. Refused to negotiate

I bought a G29SF and a NIB Delta for much much less from Engage and they actually are glad to see you when you walk in.

They are not an IP

I learned my lesson

Last edited:

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Have you done business with them before?

Only a used Mossberg 500 persuader for $250.00, which I suppose is a little high. It was in near new condition though.

I agree that the prices tend to be a bit high.

The couple guys I dealt with were very friendly. I always new exactly what I wanted and what I was willing to pay though.

O2b4wln

Sep 16, 2011
    Tellico or Moab
    I got the DDm4 from Engage, but it's the opposite way from where I'm headed. I'm only free Saturday, so I don't want to fight traffic to get to engage and huff it back to get to cresap.

If it was any other day, I have no problem giving Engage my business.Guess I'll have to wait to pick it up at some other time.

Thanks

ps. as for Atlantic...My first time as a gun newbie they were condescending and I got a very distinct feeling that my skin color was not really welcome there.

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    I got the DDm4 from Engage, but it's the opposite way from where I'm headed. I'm only free Saturday, so I don't want to fight traffic to get to engage and huff it back to get to cresap.

If it was any other day, I have no problem giving Engage my business.Guess I'll have to wait to pick it up at some other time.

Thanks

ps. as for Atlantic...My first time as a gun newbie they were condescending and I got a very distinct feeling that my skin color was not really welcome there.

Sorry to hear that and thanks for the feedback

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Call Gun Runners this evening.
    He may have to order it.

I know of no one in the area that carries that stuff in stock.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB

:thumbsup: Let us know how it shoots.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member

Thanks

Wow...you'd think with times tough, at least, the only color that would matter was green. That sucks.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Thanks

If I owned a business., the only color I'd be concerned with is GREEN

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    I have an unused set of MBUS here in Frederick, but you'd have to get them very early on Saturday morning, as I'm going to NJ that day.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    yes a Glock 22 and a KIMBER all at MSRP

ridiculously high prices
    refusal to deal at all
    arrogant and unhelpful staff

Other than that nothing.

I looked at a used Delta and they wanted more money than I could buy NIB. Refused to negotiate

I bought a G29SF and a NIB Delta for much much less from Engage and they actually are glad to see you when you walk in.

They are not an IP

I learned my lesson

That question was for zombie ;). I think we've exchanged our feelings about Atlantic. I don't like them either. I bought my first handgun from them, and they didn't seem like they wanted to help. They just wanted to get me out the door and their prices, unbeknownst to me at the time, are extremely high. Now that I am more familiar with the industry, I have more and more reasons not to go there. Engage is my go-to now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom