• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I've been carrying for 8 months. I've gone from OWB at 3 & 4 o'clock, to IWB at 4 & 5 o'clock, to appendix. I tried appendix near the beginning of all this and ruled it out for the way it prints.

I've come back to appendix with the help of a video below from the Phlster Enigma people. I got the enigma for cycling and it just doesn't work. However, the video linked below gave me great help in finding appendix carry as my preferred way to carry. I like the gun in front of me where it's more in my control. I don't have to reach around anymore and up front feels like it's the best and fastest draw.

Yesterday I made a new and larger wedge. I've wanted to share this for some time and I hope it helps someone.

Some pictures of the new wedge with a $20 for scale.

Attachments

• IMG_5893.jpg
      IMG_5893.jpg
      83.2 KB · Views: 81
    • IMG_5891.jpg
      IMG_5891.jpg
      76.6 KB · Views: 80

Edwonbass

Jan 28, 2021
    Union Mills, MD
    I've tried a small soft foam wedge and it still seems like a lot. I've just been going with just the holster at about 1:30. Seems comfortable enough but prints depending on what I'm wearing. If I wear it lower and cinch the belt, it helps. I have a claw but just couldn't get along with it.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I parsed it as "holster with wedgie" and I thought to myself, "is that what they're calling 6 o'clock carry these days?"

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I wore it today for 5 hours and I didn't notice it being too big. Prolly cause my Johnson is so yuge. Seriously, it was fine.

Eh . Back in the day , wore Airweight J Frame in ankle holster for 12- 15 hours , and more than once literally forgot it was there .

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    The Harry's holsters infiltrator and shorty holsters (which are really made by philster) can tip grip in with a much smaller wedge. This is due to how they angle the integral trigger guard ridge (that it uses instead of a wing). Highly recommend.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Have tried all sorts of things with AIWB rigs, but keep going back to the least bulk possible. The claw can help with larger pistols, pulling the grip in, and keeping it more stable, but even that can be annoying. Have tried wedges, but kinda like tyhe old Crossbreed style hybrid holsters they add do much bulk in the interest of comfort, they become uncomfortable I like simple Ulticlip holsters and small pistols being they work in athletic gear and don't require a belt, in the summer, my P365 with a flat mag is the largest pistol I carry, and if I plan on doing something like hiking/biking/kayaking I opt for a tiny CW380. In colder weather, or when doing something that requires cargo shorts/pants, I can carry the P365 or my larger XL version, but still opt for an AIWB holster with minimal bulk, and a single clip.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    The Harry's holsters infiltrator and shorty holsters (which are really made by philster) can tip grip in with a much smaller wedge. This is due to how they angle the integral trigger guard ridge (that it uses instead of a wing). Highly recommend.
    I have the Blade-Tech appendix holster. I wore it for an hour again today with the monster wedge and it just fits my anatomy very well. :shrug:

That looks like a Harry's holster in the video I posted above. I really wanted to stop buying holsters for the XDs, but hell, buying a Harry's will make it an even dozen. Why not? :rolleyes:

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    Have tried all sorts of things with AIWB rigs, but keep going back to the least bulk possible. The claw can help with larger pistols, pulling the grip in, and keeping it more stable, but even that can be annoying. Have tried wedges, but kinda like tyhe old Crossbreed style hybrid holsters they add do much bulk in the interest of comfort, they become uncomfortable I like simple Ulticlip holsters and small pistols being they work in athletic gear and don't require a belt, in the summer, my P365 with a flat mag is the largest pistol I carry, and if I plan on doing something like hiking/biking/kayaking I opt for a tiny CW380. In colder weather, or when doing something that requires cargo shorts/pants, I can carry the P365 or my larger XL version, but still opt for an AIWB holster with minimal bulk, and a single clip.

I was gung-ho to try the Phlster Enigma for cycling. Spent way too much time researching it and thought if it didn't work for cycling I'd find another use for it...that has turned out to be great in drawstring shorts where no belt is being used and your just walking in the neighborhoos. The holster I got for the Enigma was from the Holster Co., (imaginative name, sure to garner confidence), the Quick Ship Stealth - Phlster Enigma Compatible. I found that that particular holster works without the leg-leash around your neater regions, you can just pull the gun toward your strong side to get a good draw.

Back to the Enigma for cycling. Bend over a little to reach the handlebars and each pedal stroke/leg raise, moves the Enigma and it prints bad. Now I put on drawstring shorts over my bike shorts and pocket carry with a Alabama pocket holster.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    I was gung-ho to try the Phlster Enigma for cycling. Spent way too much time researching it and thought if it didn't work for cycling I'd find another use for it...that has turned out to be great in drawstring shorts where no belt is being used and your just walking in the neighborhoos. The holster I got for the Enigma was from the Holster Co., (imaginative name, sure to garner confidence), the Quick Ship Stealth - Phlster Enigma Compatible. I found that that particular holster works without the leg-leash around your neater regions, you can just pull the gun toward your strong side to get a good draw.

Back to the Enigma for cycling. Bend over a little to reach the handlebars and each pedal stroke/leg raise, moves the Enigma and it prints bad. Now I put on drawstring shorts over my bike shorts and pocket carry with a Alabama pocket holster.

1689709427744.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom