• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCSB

Jul 29, 2022
    Maryland
    Have a friend that didn't listen to me and submitted the HQL first and now wants to submit the HGP at the same time. He's DD214 exempt. Anyone know if they both can be submitted at the same time?
    Yes he can, but he needs two sets of fingers prints one for HQL and one for HGP.

410pewpew

Aug 25, 2022
    Pasadena
    My bet is that msp licensing division is closed until Tuesday morning for the holiday weekend… maybe they’ll prove me wrong? Just another 28er here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    My bet is that msp licensing division is closed until Tuesday morning for the holiday weekend… maybe they’ll prove me wrong? Just another 28er here

100% they are closed or at least not gonna process anything till then

Axl

Jul 24, 2022
    Rising Sun

I have no idea weather or not they're off but they've certainly earned a break.

OldBrokenGrunt

Aug 3, 2022
    Mount Airy
    As long as they have a tech in there printing the permits it’s ok. Oh, and they have someone standing by to deliver my permit today. That’s about all they need to do. Lol

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Submitted 7/22
    Accepted 7/23
    NICS 7/26
    Approved 8/30

:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:
    7C532B8F-50D0-4A89-9054-C7348A247EAF.jpeg

Freedom coming today!

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie

Seriously doubt it. They've taken this task they have to deal with seriously and have done a good job. However, based on volume they are still far behind. They can't afford to lose 3 days and to do so would be inconsistent with how they've handled things so far.

kenjeep

Mar 16, 2010
    Hampstead
    I think this approval process is slowing down much faster then the chart that is being keep indicates. There are quite a few folks posting acceptance dates of 8/2 ,8/3 and later with no movement. The chart indicates 19 days average from accept to nics.
    Congrats to all that have been approved and thanks to the gentleman keeping the chart .

410pewpew

Aug 25, 2022
    Pasadena
    My accept to nics was like 26 days. Submitted 7/17 accepted 7/28 NICS 8/23 assigned to investigator 8/25

I’m an angry 28er. Today is day 48 since submission for me.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I think this approval process is slowing down much faster then the chart that is being keep indicates. There are quite a few folks posting acceptance dates of 8/2 ,8/3 and later with no movement. The chart indicates 19 days average from accept to nics.
    Congrats to all that have been approved and thanks to the gentleman keeping the chart .

You're very welcome.

We're seeing that NICS checks don't have much of a bearing on approval date. The approval rate that I've started tracking in the last week plus is 2-3x higher than it was a month ago when the first of us were getting permits.

Additionally, we can see the two numbers at the top of the chart flattening a bit. Both the submitted-approved and accepted-approved intervals have grown at slower rates in the past week than they did in the week prior.

We have seen apps submitted on a given day take as many as six (?) days for MSP to process to approval, once they start on that day's apps. Now they're taking 2-3 days, and we know that application rates were crazy high in the window we're in right now. We 28ers will tell you all about it, as most of us submitted 7/17-7/18. We saw people who submitted after us get accepted before us. MSP didn't have their shit together.

Now, people are getting accepted the same day they submit. NICS can be done literally the day you get your permit. Since it's only good for 30 days, I would guess they're running it later in the process to avoid running it twice.

Anyway, I don't think they're slowing down. Hurry up and wait. Good luck.

Last edited:

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    You are awhile from NICS. I submitted 7/27, accepted 8/4 with no NICS.
    Well I submitted on 08/08 and it was accepted on 08/12 and still no NICS yet. I wonder where they are in the stack?

I submitted 07/22, was accepted 8/2 and got my NICS 9/2. I expect I am 2 weeks or so away from approval. I expect 8/4 NICS is coming by early next week, 8/8 maybe by the end of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom