• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldBrokenGrunt

Aug 3, 2022
    Mount Airy
    Still waiting for the permit to get here. Bad enough waiting for the approval for a constitutional right, now waiting for someone to mail me something that shouldn’t be needed for my right is annoying.

fwgj

MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2022
    Up County MoCo
    Please understand that we keep seeing the same things asked over and over and over again. It can be a bit much, and gets quite tiresome after awhile.
    Particularly if you've been following these 2 threads since mid-July as your application crawls through the process like molasses going uphill in February on Mount Everest......

But.....we will take a breath and seek to be gentile in our responses.....

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    People love to bitch and moan, but I've been impressed with how well MSP is managing with the onslaught that came their way.
    I thought it was going to be a beurocratic nightmare as a PA resident.

It took 38 days from app to approval.

No hassle at all.

The only hiccup at all was the guy at the fingerprint place complaining that his job was too busy (I mean...who doesn't hate job security?)

When you consider that whatever limited staff the MSP has assigned to the permit process is almost certainly overworked and on a shoestring budget, they are keeping up with demand pretty well.

I would guess that demand is going to explode come October when all the training courses start churning out mass numbers of graduates. I assume that up until now the number of applications has been limited as most people haven't had a chance to complete the training yet.

So it'll be interesting to see how MSP holds up to the increasing demand.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I would guess that demand is going to explode come October when all the training courses start churning out mass numbers of graduates. I assume that up until now the number of applications has been limited as most people haven't had a chance to complete the training yet.

So it'll be interesting to see how MSP holds up to the increasing demand.
    That actually started back in July. Classes that formerly had ~10-20 students were taking on 80+ per two day class. That hasn't slowed.

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    That actually started back in July. Classes that formerly had ~10-20 students were taking on 80+ per two day class. That hasn't slowed.
    Yeah the current increase in application volume is huge compared to back in June.

But I think it's going to increase even more as classes have been adding capacity since July.

Folks up here in PA waiting for training slots for MD permits have been saying they see more classes in October and beyond. I guess it took ranges and shops time to find additional instructors and get training sessions set up and booked. But I think MD is going to see an even bigger increase over the next 90 days.

(All of which is wonderful, by the way. Get your training in ASAP because I am SURE Maryland is going to make the requirements tougher with the next session in Annapolis)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom