• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Looks like submitted date has no effect on anything. Solely off of NICS when it comes to order of approval between the same accepted date.
    I think it's very difficult to know that with certainty. Applications are queued into different piles for 14 different investigators, who process them at different rates. So even the email approval time is not an indication when it was queued to investigator X. And, not everyone is reporting the time.

Also, I feel like this was disproven but I cannot find the post.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Good to know. Would I be able to do this process without having my physical card in hand and just use whatever number I get? Or do I need the card physically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are entire threads dedicated to the PA carry permit process. A very good and recent one has been previously linked in this thread, I believe. Either way, the search function on the new platform here is a lot better than the previous version.

Looks like submitted date has no effect on anything. Solely off of NICS when it comes to order of approval between the same accepted date.

A quick glance at the spreadsheet shows that submitted date is not relevant beyond the fact that it influences your accepted date, which is the real driver here. A slightly longer glance would show that NICS dates likewise have very little relation to the approval date. NICS can be all over the place for given accepted dates, or somewhat in line with logic.

SuperSoap

Member of the Great 28
    Apr 5, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    There are entire threads dedicated to the PA carry permit process. A very good and recent one has been previously linked in this thread, I believe. Either way, the search function on the new platform here is a lot better than the previous version.

A quick glance at the spreadsheet shows that submitted date is not relevant beyond the fact that it influences your accepted date, which is the real driver here. A slightly longer glance would show that NICS dates likewise have very little relation to the approval date. NICS can be all over the place for given accepted dates, or somewhat in line with logic.
    I’m referring to the order in which people of the same acceptance date are approved

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Assuming you are going to the courthouse in York and not the sheriff's remote office.....head's up ... there is a very cheap parking garage about a block away. Next to the theater. Easy access. Will cost you like $1.25. You don't need to find street parking, which can be hard to come by.

And leave your cell phone in the car. The courthouse has a strict no cell phone policy and they will make you take it back to your car. The metal detector will pick it up and they won't let you in. (Yes. I am dead serious. Save yourself the walk back to your car.)

The sheriff's office is down the hall to the right after you go through security. Next to the bathrooms. (I wondered around for 10 minutes my first time)
    Thanks, I'm going to the satellite office, but I will remember to leave phone and knife in my truck,

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    giphy.gif

Cal516

Aug 28, 2022
    Maryland
    I think it's very difficult to know that with certainty. Applications are queued into different piles for 14 different investigators, who process them at different rates. So even the email approval time is not an indication when it was queued to investigator X. And, not everyone is reporting the time.

Also, I feel like this was disproven but I cannot find the post.
    Well, we’ll see when the 29ers are up as my accepted and NICS date are both 7/29. Can’t get earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom