• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Ok because I was being told NICS is the Background check and I know it is. A buddy who submitted same day as me was approved this morning no investigation email recieved went from submitted to acceptance to approved

The investigator does an extra special background that goes above and beyond a regular NICS check.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Ok because I was being told NICS is the Background check and I know it is. A buddy who submitted same day as me was approved this morning no investigation email recieved went from submitted to acceptance to approved
    Depending how you look at it, NICS is only part of the background check. There are 17 (15? 13) databases to check. So there is one yuge background check, of which NICS is a part, or there are 17 (15? 13?) background checks.

JPALUGI

Sep 12, 2022
    Baltimore MD
    Depending how you look at it, NICS is only part of the background check. There are 17 (15? 13) databases to check. So there is one yuge background check, of which NICS is a part, or there are 17 (15? 13?) background checks.
    I understand that and I'm not concerned about it I have a clean record just wondering why the staps are different then what I see others are. I have 2 friends who submitted same day as I did one had permit in hand 10 days later the other was just approved today without any mention of background check no email nothing. I'm trying to ascertain if some folks are just being rubber stamped and some are having anal cavities crawled up into. The checks and balances should be the same for everyone

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I received my permit in the mail today and carried for the first time ever in Maryland. I have to say, it was a surreal experience.

1.jpg

NBCHUNTER

Dec 7, 2014
    Balto Co
    Another 29er here that was approved today got the email at 11:46 am, never thought it would be possible in Maryland. I will join MSI tonight and make a donation to them to. Congrats to everyone one that has been approved, to everyone else your day is coming.

Jay5687

Mar 12, 2015
    Don't worry about NICS. It's a distraction and won't make a materials difference in when you get your permit. I mean... It might shuffle the order of processing for your acceptance date. Maybe. But nothing I see suggests it makes all that much difference at all. Now, the random moves from submit to accept is certainly frustrating.
    Ok well that sounds better

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    No investigation that I know of other than the CJIS and NCIS
    No references called

Update -

Wife -
    Submitted - 7/15
    Accepted - 7/27
    CJIS Letter - 8/15
    NCIS # - She told me to FO she's too busy to look.
    Assigned - 8/24
    Approved - 9/7 :party29:(was really sweating that one out)
    Card Delivered - 9/12

Me -
    Submitted - 7/15
    Accepted - 7/27
    CJIS Letter - 8/15
    NCIS # - 8/21
    Assigned - Never given a date on that
    Approved - 9/7
    Card Delivered - 9/12

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    I understand that and I'm not concerned about it I have a clean record just wondering why the staps are different then what I see others are. I have 2 friends who submitted same day as I did one had permit in hand 10 days later the other was just approved today without any mention of background check no email nothing. I'm trying to ascertain if some folks are just being rubber stamped and some are having anal cavities crawled up into. The checks and balances should be the same for everyone
    He had permit in hand 10 days after submitting? That's hard to believe.

RavensFlock1022

Aug 22, 2022
    Arbutus
    Figured I’d ask this before I go shopping blindly, what brand IWB holsters do people have if you have one? I’ve been hearing Tier 1 and Vedder are go-to’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom