• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Accepted on 8/19, no NICS yet. I'm hoping for next week, but it looks like they are slowing way down. Probably more like the last week in September for NICS for us.

People approved in the last four days have averaged 24.5 days from accepted to NICS. Those folks had acceptance dates of 7/28 and 7/29. I would think it reasonable to expect NICS in the next week.

Just saw someone accepted 8/10 just received NICS, so there's that. Maybe it will be a few days past a week. It certainly seems that they are starting to run them later in the process to avoid having to re-run them, given the length of time to approval.

WhiskeyHelps

Aug 17, 2022
    Eastern Shore
    People approved in the last four days have averaged 24.5 days from accepted to NICS. Those folks had acceptance dates of 7/28 and 7/29. I would think it reasonable to expect NICS in the next week.

Just saw someone accepted 8/10 just received NICS, so there's that. Maybe it will be a few days past a week. It certainly seems that they are starting to run them later in the process to avoid having to re-run them, given the length of time to approval.
    I hope so I’m on day 27

DK04

Sep 9, 2022
    Fredrick

You may be right about them starting to run them later. However, I’m a 8/7 accepted date and no investigator assigned, and no NICS yet either so hoping soon…..

RavensChick

Gun Loving Bitch

I hope you're right. Heading to Vegas on the 24th, don't want to be checking the MSP portal every day on vacation (but I will if I have too - LOL).

BTW, thanks so much for keeping all the stats. It's been a HUGE help with my over eager expectations.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Like I said after the 14th, and before the 24th. Lol
    just depends on how 29 are left, and how many 30, 31, and 1’s there are.

There are about 8000 apps between 7/29 and 8/4. we know this from the MSP zoom call 8/4.

They are processing about 2500 a week.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    There are about 8000 apps between 7/29 and 8/4. we know this from the MSP zoom call 8/4.

They are processing about 2500 a week.
    I'm rather hoping we see an increase in those numbers at the next zoom call. I mean, I cannot attend it, but I'm sure we'll get a report after that reflects at least a doubling in that number. I realize that may not be realistic, but hey, a man can dream!

Newtsgto

MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2022
    Carroll county
    I'm rather hoping we see an increase in those numbers at the next zoom call. I mean, I cannot attend it, but I'm sure we'll get a report after that reflects at least a doubling in that number. I realize that may not be realistic, but hey, a man can dream!
    When is the next zoom call

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I hope you're right. Heading to Vegas on the 24th, don't want to be checking the MSP portal every day on vacation (but I will if I have too - LOL).

BTW, thanks so much for keeping all the stats. It's been a HUGE help with my over eager expectations.
    If your on vacation, its not going to do any good anyway. So relax, enjoy, and maybe you will have something nice waiting for you when you get back. Just to be safe take a nice long vacation.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    John Jocelyn of 2A Maryland does not want the link posted.

You need to go to 2A Md to signup

The links are customized to the recipient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom