• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I keep seeing yall talk about informed delivery? Are they sending an email saying when they send it out?

ThisStateSucks69

Sep 2, 2022
    I keep seeing yall talk about informed delivery? Are they sending an email saying when they send it out?

USPS has a tool called informed delivery. It’s tracking but not really. They scan your mail the night/morning before and you can see what is headed your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwgj

MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2022
    Up County MoCo
    Firstly, carrying or not - window down, dome light on, and both hands on wheel is a good practice for anyone when pulled over.

I prefer to immediately advise the officer that I have a carry permit and that I am carrying. Then I ask them how they would like me to proceed. Friends who are officers say they appreciate being informed up front and respect those who do so. (Avoid using terms “gun” or “armed” as another officer might overhear and misinterpret this as their partner calling out “gun!”.)

Massad Ayoob has a great video on this on youtube...

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    I know the ol saying "anything is possible" but I've gotta ask
    Does anyone think by purchasing a gun every 7 days for the last 5 weeks has possibly slowed down my NICS date and number? I know it's a different division but seeing others with NICS having early August acceptance dates makes me wonder. I also have Aug 8th acceptance date and still no NICS.
    Thoughts??

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Does anyone think by purchasing a gun every 7 days for the last 5 weeks has possibly slowed down my NICS date and number? I know it's a different division but seeing others with NICS having early August acceptance dates makes me wonder. I also have Aug 8th acceptance date and still no NICS.
    Thoughts??

somebody-come-look-at-this-batfe.gif

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Thoughts??

No, it wouldn’t have anything to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Current accepted/NICS data: 8/5ers saw NICS today, 9/13. That's 39 days by my gorilla math.

Based on the presumptive relationship between NICS and approved we have seen to date, the 8/5ers are probably 17-18 days away at a minimum. But that's assuming current throughput of approvals and application rates similar to the recent past.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I applied yesterday (York) around 2:45, just got the call/text/email that I was approved. Lots of appointments available for pickup.
    This is shall issue, implemented in a state that has recognized the 2nd amendment since 1791.

Maryland has a long way to go.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Absolutely.. this waiting ungodly amounts of time and still not knowing when you will get approved is ridiculous
    Where were you during all the years leading up to this point in time?

I get your frustration and while the previous restrictions haven't applied to me because I could carry under LEOSA, there are a metric sh!t ton of people on this board who fought tooth and nail for years just to get this far. Now you want to show up after the fact when the results are positive even if delayed and talk about "ungodly amounts of time" and "ridiculous".

I'm sure that sounds way more negative than it's intended, I'm just trying to point out there is a long history of repeated disappointment for people who were working on this. Kinda like showing up in time to move one shovel of dirt after a bunch of other people dug a giant hole then saying, "Man, that was a b!tch".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom