• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotdog

Dec 8, 2014
    Harford County
    I thought my HGP has been approved...apparenty just received a spam e-mail from MSP :). I'm 8/2 ers patiently waiting...

1663263700987.png

Last edited:

RavensFlock1022

Aug 22, 2022
    Arbutus
    Just went to wawa strapped. Lo and Behold a mid 20’s dude was open carrying and no one gave him a second glance (except for me of course trying to see what light he had on it) so cool to start seeing this day to day. This is the 4th person in a week I’ve seen carrying in southern Maryland.
    Beautiful!

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Just went to wawa strapped. Lo and Behold a mid 20’s dude was open carrying and no one gave him a second glance (except for me of course trying to see what light he had on it) so cool to start seeing this day to day. This is the 4th person in a week I’ve seen carrying in southern Maryland.
    Why didnt you Karen him because open carry bad?

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    submitted: 7/31
    Accepted: 8/7
    NICS: ???
    Approved: ???

Kinda concerned that people who were accepted the day after me are getting NICS before I am. Application 26xxx

No need to be concerned. There are lots of ways that could have happened. Your's will be processed when it gets processed.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    What area?

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    I going to try and keep a tally of acceptance dates from 8/1 to 8/21, so I can attempt to get an idea on how long each acceptance day may take approve based on how many people where accepted.. I realize we make up only a small percentage of total apps but it may give an idea.. so if you where accepted between 8/1 and 8/21 could you please post your accepted date.. thank you
    8/7
    NICS 9/15

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    8/1 was a Monday so probably a lot of people submitting after their weekend class. With tricklers on Tuesday 8/2. I submitted on Tuesday because Tuesday had he cheapest flights for me to fly up and get my fingerprints done!

I would have flown up sooner, after June 23rd. I booked my flight that day. But the difference in tickets was I flew rountrip from Dallas Love field for $150! Any other day sooner would have been $300!

Thankfully when I renew we don’t have to get our prints done again. At least not currently.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    8/1 was a Monday so probably a lot of people submitting after their weekend class. With tricklers on Tuesday 8/2. I submitted on Tuesday because Tuesday had he cheapest flights for me to fly up and get my fingerprints done!

I would have flown up sooner, after June 23rd. I booked my flight that day. But the difference in tickets was I flew rountrip from Dallas Love field for $150! Any other day sooner would have been $300!

Thankfully when I renew we don’t have to get our prints done again. At least not currently.

It doesn't matter when people submitted. What matters is when the MSP gnomes got around to accepting the apps. So for example, someone who submitted 7/21 got accepted 8/1 and approved today. Did someone submit and get accepted same day, 8/1? Maybe, but not likely given the stats.

Mrs Occam’s 8/1-accepted application was approved today, 9/15.
    :beer::beer: :beer:

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    It doesn't matter when people submitted. What matters is when the MSP gnomes got around to accepting the apps. So for example, someone who submitted 7/21 got accepted 8/1 and approved today. Did someone submit and get accepted same day, 8/1? Maybe, but not likely given the stats.

:beer::beer: :beer:
    I've seen at least one who said so. Don't recall who.

pauljk00

Jun 23, 2022
    Maryland
    Mrs Occam was 0596xx. I was the first to report here late yesterday and mine was 0591xx. They've issued around 500 just since yesterday. They are moving right along.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Just curious have people seen a lot of 8/2s acceptance ? I’m 8/3 just trying to see if I could possibly get approved next week. Fingers crossed
    I think 8/2 will start Mondayish, 8/3s will likely start thurs or fri, at the current rate. I think late next week is possible.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    To add to your tally, 8/2 accepted here. hoping they start 8/2's tomorrow and should be approved as late as Monday. I do hope they got through most 8/1's today. Saturday could be our lucky day.
    Very impressed with what they have done the past week or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom