• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This is the People’s Republic of Marylandistan.

They get the Govt. they deserve.

Too bad many of us are stuck here but we will fight it out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JoeyBones32

Aug 1, 2022
    Smithsburg
    My last handgun purchased was in 2012 so I never got my HQL. Now that all this has changed and I took my class I'd like to purchase another (size appropriate) pistol.
    My instructor told me that I wouldn't have to pay the hql license fee since I took the 16 hour ccw class. I was assigned my investigator today and the instructor told me that as soon as that happened and I recieved the investigator number I could submit an application for the hql free of charge. Is there a walk through anyone could point me too on how to do this as I'm finding the verbiage a bit confusing and I'm not exactly sure what information they are asking for. Thanks for any help.

fishoholic

Aug 24, 2022
    Eastern shore
    My last handgun purchased was in 2012 so I never got my HQL. Now that all this has changed and I took my class I'd like to purchase another (size appropriate) pistol.
    My instructor told me that I wouldn't have to pay the hql license fee since I took the 16 hour ccw class. I was assigned my investigator today and the instructor told me that as soon as that happened and I recieved the investigator number I could submit an application for the hql free of charge. Is there a walk through anyone could point me too on how to do this as I'm finding the verbiage a bit confusing and I'm not exactly sure what information they are asking for. Thanks for any help.
    I was under the impression that you had to wait for approval of hgp to do the hql.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Roughly 45k law abiding citizens with legally concealed firearms and counting.

Everytime the MSP grants a permit , a violent criminal gets an expedited appointment to meet up with the Creator.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Somewhere on the forum there are people who have gotten their HQL with their permit number and posted the steps you have to go through but you will have to find it. Try the search function.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    When you apply for the HQL there is a field for you to put in your permit number. You will then be sent a free HQL. No fee no prints

BigTruck_ZeroF$$ks

Aug 9, 2022
    Baltimore
    You could’ve done the HQL training exempt like me. But this was before I knew the CCW would cover that. Lol I last purchased in 2012 as well

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Glad to be wrong again. I figured 8/1 would be a huge day and would take 3-4 calendar days to process. It looks like it only took 1-2. I was an 8/2er with a late NICS day so I figure I'll be a late approval too. He's to hoping I'm wrong a 3rd time.
    Actually the 8/1 Accepted started being approved on 9/14 and were completed on 9/16.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    Another clueless instructor. You must have a permit number before you can apply for the free HQL

My permit instructor was a wealth of misinformation. Went as far as to say you cant open carry with W&C. We corrected him

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom