• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Yep. I think they are going to move as fast as they can. How long can a background check take?
    30 seconds typing your name and social into NCIC. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't ask to use other agency NCIC terminals to get to a workable number.

Wicomico 2a

Protect your Rights
    Feb 2, 2019
    The forgotten lower shore
    Friend who just took a class was told they are just going right to approval with no interview if your NICS is clean.
    If only it were that easy. I haveva nics tracking number now listed on my application. Been there over a week or two . And boom nothing still stuck in acceptance where it's been for 3 or 4 weeks.

I haven't seen anywhere, where anyone has gotten the orginal permit yet post apllying after bruen. Not even a status changed to "investagator" or whatever the hell they put. I've seen renewals and restrictions approved in less than a week. But no original

It's funny though. I submitted for Arizona at the same time. Had to mail my app in and it was approved and the permit to my door on the same 3 or 4 week time frame.

CMSGT

BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2022
    The overwhelming amount, they have to push stuff through. 1,000 applications a day so far. They aren't that tyrannical to just sit on those apps. Just makes it worse later on.
    This above... Submitted mine two days ago. Would of submitted earlier but could not immediately find a copy of my DD214. Once I located the DD214, the submitting online process took less than 20 minutes.

Last edited:

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    One instructor told me that the process goes faster if you log in and print your application seven or eight times an hour.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It's funny though. I submitted for Arizona at the same time. Had to mail my app in and it was approved and the permit to my door on the same 3 or 4 week time frame.
    Yeah but is Arizona deluged with 1,000 apps a day? Doubt it.
    People are never happy. Someone flicked a switch and now the MSP has to tackle something like never before with the small staff and equipment they have. And NO. They shouldn't have spent millions of dollars on equipment and staff in "preparation" for a decision they didn't know for a fact would happen. I hate when people say "They should have seen this coming". I then ask, oh really? So you know what Clarence Thomas is going to do eh? Crickets...

You know, not everything coming from the licensing division always has to be nefarious against the peasants of the state.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    People are never happy. Someone flicked a switch and now the MSP has to tackle something like never before with the small staff and equipment they have. And NO. They shouldn't have spent millions of dollars on equipment and staff in "preparation" for a decision they didn't know for a fact would happen. I hate when people say "They should have seen this coming". I then ask, oh really? So you know what Clarence Thomas is going to do eh? Crickets...

You know, not everything coming from the licensing division always has to be nefarious against the peasants of the state.
    They knew it was coming someday. Why do you think they added the 16 hour training requirement out of nowhere.

Wicomico 2a

Protect your Rights
    Feb 2, 2019
    The forgotten lower shore

I aggree with you. I was just trying to simply inform. We all known nothing. We won't know till likely September

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    MDSP processes the 77e in a week. The NICS check on my 77r has been running about T+5 from the application date.

Last year the MDSP processed ~140k 77es, or 2700 a week.*

The number of applicants is going to slow from here. The initial wave was DD214 and ppl who had training. Ability to get training will be the bottleneck now and it is virtually impossible to find training before the end of sept.

*If you can buy a gun, and have completed the training, you should be able to carry it because "bear" has equal status as "keep".

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    30 seconds typing your name and social into NCIC. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't ask to use other agency NCIC terminals to get to a workable number.
    Printing the cards are the issue. Printing laminated cards takes a couple of minutes, before the finished product can be handled.

Not to mention the heat problems from that printing process. We could hear stories about printers burning themselves up. lol

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Printing the cards are the issue. Printing laminated cards takes a couple of minutes, before the finished product can be handled.

Not to mention the heat problems from that printing process. We could hear stories about printers burning themselves up. lol
    Then I suppose they will need to buy a few more printers with the millions of dollars they are taking in from permit fees.

J.R.

Jun 24, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    7/6/2022 Filed & email confirmation "Your HGP application has been created successfully and is in your Application Pool in the State Police Licensing Portal."

7/16/2022 Email update "Your HGP application has been reviewed and the status changed to "Application Accepted." Your application is now awaiting assignment to a background investigator based on the order in which it was received. It is not necessary to contact the HGP section for a "status check" as you will automatically receive an email when your application is assigned to a background investigator."

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    MDSP processes the 77e in a week. The NICS check on my 77r has been running about T+5 from the application date.

Last year the MDSP processed ~140k 77es, or 2700 a week.*

The number of applicants is going to slow from here. The initial wave was DD214 and ppl who had training. Ability to get training will be the bottleneck now and it is virtually impossible to find training before the end of sept.

*If you can buy a gun, and have completed the training, you should be able to carry it because "bear" has equal status as "keep".
    This is why I asked Sgt Pickle how many 77Rs they were capable of doing. When he said they were looking at streamlining the carry permit process I figured it would turn out to be something like the 77R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom