• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BmorePA

Jul 6, 2022
    Baltimore
    Exactly. I'm planning on updating/re-posting the table for a while as approvals roll in. Have to have something to do while waiting. It may as well be tracking the MD outcome of the big ol' bag of freedom that Clarence Thomas handed us back on his birthday.
    I am waiting for mine to get kicked back. I failed to sign my shooting score card.

Can't figure out how to unsubmit my HGP application. So here I wait.
    Do the get kicked back before being accepted, or can they be kicked back after the accepted status?

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Do the get kicked back before being accepted, or can they be kicked back after the accepted status?
    No one knows yet. Not enough people have been through the process.

If I had to guess, if the application is accepted, the assigned investigator would contact you to correct defects.

gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    My application number is 0174xx
    I started it on 6/25/22
    I submitted the complete application on 6/28/22
    I received the auto generated "Your Application Has Been Submitted For Review" email on 6/28
    I received the application accepted notification on 7/1
    I got a NiCS number on 7/18
    I received the “assigned to investigator notice on 7/20
    Another “assigned to investigato” on 7/21
    App Approved- 7/21.
    No interview
    My wife was not contacted
    References Not contacted

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If your app has errors, it is usually kicked back before acceptance. It is reviewed for completeness and accuracy before being assigned to an investigator

Investigators investigate. Other folks check apps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wicomico 2a

Protect your Rights
    Feb 2, 2019
    The forgotten lower shore
    My application number is 0174xx
    I started it on 6/25/22
    I submitted the complete application on 6/28/22
    I received the auto generated "Your Application Has Been Submitted For Review" email on 6/28
    I received the application accepted notification on 7/1
    I got a NiCS number on 7/18
    I received the “assigned to investigator notice on 7/20
    Another “assigned to investigato” on 7/21
    App Approved- 7/21.
    No interview
    My wife was not contacted
    References Not contacted
    Congrats

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Updated crab count. Started calculating averages now that we're beyond a sample size of 10. Average days from submission is 25. Average days from acceptance is 20.

1658449381475.png

Wrightc81

Jul 20, 2022
    Maryland
    Here's a scorecard so far of folks that have reported application submission, acceptance, and approval dates (in this and other threads). I probably missed one or two along the way. Either I have too much time on my hands or just hate scattered data. Probably both.

View attachment 373686
    So on average we’re looking at 20 day from acceptance date for the last week in June submissions. So we’ll have to wait and see if next week the first week in July accepteds start getting approved and then we’ll start to see the pattern unfold. But they also got way more apps in July so hopefully that doesn’t slow the process. I submitted 7/11 got accepted 7/15 so if it stay true hopefully by 8/4 should be approved. But for now we wait and see what happens in the next few weeks. But hey 3week beats 3 months.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    So on average we’re looking at 20 day from acceptance date for the last week in June submissions. So we’ll have to wait and see if next week the first week in July accepteds start getting approved and then we’ll start to see the pattern unfold. But they also got way more apps in July so hopefully that doesn’t slow the process. I submitted 7/11 got accepted 7/15 so if it stay true hopefully by 8/4 should be approved. But for now we wait and see what happens in the next few weeks. But hey 3week beats 3 months.
    Updated numbers and averages just above. The 20 days post acceptance stayed true with the few additions. Curious to see how the weekly boluses of classes/applications impact this over time.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Sadly, I think this will be our saving grace. While I disagree with the burden placed on us to get a permit, when you dangle millions of dollars annually in front of our corrupt politicians, I hope it makes them think twice.
    They won't care. Guns are the exception in that regard. They didn't think twice about passing FSA2013 when Beretta told them that it would force them to leave the state. Took their tax base with them and moved most of their production to another state.
    They figure that they will just soak everyone a little more to make up for any money that leaves the state.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I submitted my app 7/16 and it was accepted 7/19. That seems really fast compared to others here. Hopefully in 20 days I'll have my permit.
    DD214, HQL and multiple 77R purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom