• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldBrokenGrunt

Aug 3, 2022
    Mount Airy
    Get on the ball? I'm stunned they're doing as well as they are. They have 90 days. Everyone so far has been completed in less than half that time.
    Out of how many of those accepted applications are from this forum? Now ask yourself if you have no idea what’s going on and have no way to see the trends like we can on here, are you gonna be wondering what’s up with your stuff?
    Now think about the people who submitted their application and got an accepted in just a couple days. They don’t have this forum to see how the timelines are trending so they think it’s going fast and suddenly they are 14 days with no movement.

What do you think those people are gonna do? They are gonna call and ask what’s going on.

So yes, unless they want an influx of calls they need to get the ball rolling and get a system in place that is running smooth and fast.

Am I wrong?

Jeffx

Jan 7, 2017
    Out of how many of those accepted applications are from this forum? Now ask yourself if you have no idea what’s going on and have no way to see the trends like we can on here, are you gonna be wondering what’s up with your stuff?
    Now think about the people who submitted their application and got an accepted in just a couple days. They don’t have this forum to see how the timelines are trending so they think it’s going fast and suddenly they are 14 days with no movement.

What do you think those people are gonna do? They are gonna call and ask what’s going on.

So yes, unless they want an influx of calls they need to get the ball rolling and get a system in place that is running smooth and fast.

Am I wrong?
    I don't think I want to poke the bear. LOL
    Sgt Pickle said 60 days so I think they are doing pretty good!

OldBrokenGrunt

Aug 3, 2022
    Mount Airy
    I don't think I want to poke the bear. LOL
    Sgt Pickle said 60 days so I think they are doing pretty good!
    Agreed. They would lose our applications in the trash if we called.

But people have to recognize that the people in this forum are not the only people waiting for a HGP. There are literally thousands of people out there in limbo.

Axl

Jul 24, 2022
    Rising Sun
    Agreed. They would lose our applications in the trash if we called.

But people have to recognize that the people in this forum are not the only people waiting for a HGP. There are literally thousands of people out there in limbo.

Exactly, cut them some slack. They're busting their asses on W&C Permits like never before seen in MD.

PEEJAY

Dec 2, 2020
    Exactly, cut them some slack. They're busting their asses on W&C Permits like never before seen in MD.
    I agree. Im actually blown away people are getting them this quick. I had a bad feeling they were just gonna let em rot while flipping off justice thomas.

Mine was accepted 8/9 after submitting it 7/29 i hope i get it by early sept. but i think it might start getting backed up. Probably a lot of people like me that took the class right away but took a few weeks to get everything actually submitted. We shall see

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I agree. Im actually blown away people are getting them this quick. I had a bad feeling they were just gonna let em rot while flipping off justice thomas.

Mine was accepted 8/9 after submitting it 7/29 i hope i get it by early sept. but i think it might start getting backed up. Probably a lot of people like me that took the class right away but took a few weeks to get everything actually submitted. We shall see
    Unfortunately I was one of the first classes with Vanguard so the early classes were put off 2-3 weeks before qualification, my first class was July 9, qualification was july 31. I submitted on July 31 earliest possible time.

BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area
    Submitted: 6/25 (DD214)
    Accepted: 6/25
    Returned to me 7/7 for shortages (total BS with Live scan)
    Realized it had been returned 7/14 (I missed their 72 hr response window)
    Re-submitted: 7/15
    Accepted second time: 7/18
    NCIS: 8/3

So I was one of the first 360 people (the number the state said applied the first weekend) - and I did not check my app status again until 7/14. They claimed there was an issue with my live scan submission. Live scan operator verified they submitted correctly. Spoke to 2 different staffers before I got to speak with a trooper. He said re-submit.. I did, and I am waiting like everyone else..

TSquare45

MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2022
    College Park, MD
    They aren't consistent with the NICS. What you should be watching is what day they are approving. Looks like they are "approving" the applications they had "accepted" on 7/16.
    You are probably not the first to say this, but thanks for saying this. This soothes my impatience. You are appreciated.

PEEJAY

Dec 2, 2020

So I was one of the first 360 people (the number the state said applied the first weekend) - and I did not check my app status again until 7/14. They claimed there was an issue with my live scan submission. Live scan operator verified they submitted correctly. Spoke to 2 different staffers before I got to speak with a trooper. He said re-submit.. I did, and I am waiting like everyone else..
    that SUCKS!

BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area
    Sgt. Pickle said the 72 hour rule was BS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    For whatever that is worth... I screwed up and should have been checking portal more often.. Also would have been nice to get an email notifying me of the issue, instead of them just sending a message in their portal..

safegunners

Aug 21, 2016
    Smithsburg MD
    I will be looking for any 7/17 accepted and or approvals and if anyone gets an approved notification over the weekend. I haven’t found any 7/17 accepted or Sunday accepted dates posted yet.

You may have cracked the code. I’m at 7/18 for acceptance and NCIS 8/2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

safegunners

Aug 21, 2016
    Smithsburg MD

Well that sucks - did you piss off any troopers in the past ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    So here's a fun one. I went and did my Livescan fingerprinting at a place that kinda rhymes with "Birth-a-Slot".

The young rocket scientist who did my fingerprinting never said, "Sir, before I hit submit, is everything on the form correct?" Instead, he just mashed "submit," and then handed me a printout receipt with my last name spelled incorrectly, which I immediately pointed out, along with a query as to why he didn't check with me first to insure that it was correct before submitting it.

He assured me that day that even though he didn't have administrative rights to go in and correct the data at that moment, that it would be taken care of forthwith that day by the someone at the shop who did.

Days later, before I uploaded the copy of my receipt to the MD Licensing portal, I edited the scanned PDF and corrected my last name to the correct spelling - it was only a single letter, and I didn't feel like I was being dishonest by making the correction, especially since Marvel Wit over there at "Earth-a-Snot" assured me it would be corrected.

Today I received a notice from the MD Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services that a criminal history check had been done. Yep, you guessed it. Sparkle Wit's misspelling was right there. Clearly it did NOT get corrected.

:mad54:

Fortunately my counterpart with the other spelling of my name - "ee" instead of "ea" - doesn't have a criminal history, but I fully expect this to get kicked back due to inconsistencies with the spelling of my last name between the data that I have entered on the portal, and the data from the LiveScan.

I'm checking messages on the portal pretty much daily - hopefully if something is awry, I'll be able to get it handled in a timely manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom