• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    LOL, I’m good, went to the state fair once a few years back, not my cup of tea.. besides, I’m sure there will be plenty upstanding youths there carrying, sure they have their permits in order.
    There was an attempted kid snatching at our local fair this year.
    How did you know it’s in the mail?
    should have said arrived in the mailbox

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    The influx of civilian administrators and/or non-MSP state employees, along with what I am assuming is a drop in application submission rate, seems to be responsible for a tightening interval regarding application acceptance.

The bottleneck is coming from relatively few MSP investigative personnel and the wall of applications that are already in the system. Apps accepted no later than 7/18 are being approved these days, and I think that was the weekend when most of us got our training.

Hurry up and wait, folks.

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    The influx of civilian administrators and/or non-MSP state employees, along with what I am assuming is a drop in application submission rate, seems to be responsible for a tightening interval regarding application acceptance.

The bottleneck is coming from relatively few MSP investigative personnel and the wall of applications that are already in the system. Apps accepted no later than 7/18 are being approved these days, and I think that was the weekend when most of us got our training.

Hurry up and wait, folks.

Agreed. If we don’t see any 7/19 class approved today then it’s per approval date 72 hours or more to clear out the day (not including weekends).

We had 7/18 approvals last Friday the 12th.

Id say it’s time to sit back and relax folks. This things liable to take a while

Although it seems like the new apps submitted numbers have been in the 60k block for a while. Have you seen and 70k numbers yet?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Agreed. If we don’t see any 7/19 class approved today then it’s per approval date 72 hours or more to clear out the day (not including weekends).

We had 7/18 approvals last Friday the 12th.

Id say it’s time to sit back and relax folks. This things liable to take a while

Although it seems like the new apps submitted numbers have been in the 60k block for a while. Have you seen and 70k numbers yet?

I'm not tracking application numbers as they aren't an accurate measure of submitted applications. I expect that a significant number of applications that are started are paused, if not abandoned, once people get into the meat of what it is required to obtain the permit.

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    I'm not tracking application numbers as they aren't an accurate measure of submitted applications. I expect that a significant number of applications that are started are paused, if not abandoned, once people get into the meat of what it is required to obtain the permit.

Same here. I meant as a general Observation regarding how many people are applying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom