• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdm45

Apr 4, 2013
    Williamsport, MD
    Another 21er here this evening. They really busted us 21s out today While I should be happy, my birthday is Monday so I was really hoping it'd come after and get a full 3 years then...oh well...

App #0277xx
    Submitted 7-17
    Accepted 7-21
    Nics 8-9
    Approved 8-26
    Permit #0527xx

COACH1106

Jun 18, 2020
    HANOVER MD
    Seems like the submitted dates of 07.12-07.15 are the worst. It seems that was before the added staff and the quick approval. I submitted 07.14 and accepted 07.27 I've seen 17's and higher accepted almost a week before me. crazy !!

Smashu

Sep 1, 2019
    Seems like the submitted dates of 07.12-07.15 are the worst. It seems that was before the added staff and the quick approval. I submitted 07.14 and accepted 07.27 I've seen 17's and higher accepted almost a week before me. crazy !!
    Yea that and its.aroind the date everyone was getting there shit toghther. Alot of big classes going on around that time where as before the classes where moat likely smaller.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    7/18 took a full 5 days
    7/19 took 4 or 5. I wasn't approved until Tuesday and I think I was one of the last 7/19.
    7/20 looks like it's almost over and we are already seeing 7/21s and it's been only 3 days

So either MSP has gotten faster or there were fewer 7/20 and 21 approvals the 7/18 and 19.

And in fact boondocks saint and camo are tracking permit numbers and the ave number per day has doubled of more that doubled in the last couple weeks.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Another 21er here this evening. They really busted us 21s out today While I should be happy, my birthday is Monday so I was really hoping it'd come after and get a full 3 years then...oh well...

App #0277xx
    Submitted 7-17
    Accepted 7-21
    Nics 8-9
    Approved 8-26
    Permit #0527xx
    I get it! My birthday was early August. My accepted date is 7/23. If they approve 9/1 or after I should get 3 years to renew. My luck I’ll get approved 8/31, but I’ll be happy either way.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    If they still check these 17 databases for a 77r I’d bet they check these for permits as well. What else can explain the two weeks between NICS and permit approvals?

^ If you are 30 or over they don’t check juvenile database
    Do they have to manually go into each database? Or can they do a check all at once?
    Each database is manual. Takes the trooper 12-15 minutes to run through them all. A little faster if you have a unique or uncommon name.

Correct in that they don’t check juvenile records of any applicant over 30 years old.

EXIT WOUND

Sep 22, 2011
    Congrats to all. Permit in hand 8-25. Carried last night, tried out my new Nex belt and Veder holster. Was Effing liberating!

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I counted 11 approvals today. I know because I had to take off a sock, since I ran out of fingers. Very nice!

Yesterday's summary:

82522.PNG

And today's summary:

82622.PNG

The seven day average for the first number is going to start dropping rapidly in the next several days, but it doesn't mean much. I note that the NICS-Approved interval actually contracted, and total time from submission to approval only ticked up a marginal amount.

This is...good...?

Will we be fortunate enough to see a second weekend with approvals?

Find out tomorrow! Same Bat time, same Bat channel.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    7/18 took a full 5 days
    7/19 took 4 or 5. I wasn't approved until Tuesday and I think I was one of the last 7/19.
    7/20 looks like it's almost over and we are already seeing 7/21s and it's been only 3 days

So either MSP has gotten faster or there were fewer 7/20 and 21 approvals the 7/18 and 19.

And in fact boondocks saint and camo are tracking permit numbers and the ave number per day has doubled of more that doubled in the last couple weeks.
    Many classes or the qualifications are on weekends which results in a large number of applications getting submitted Saturday, Sunday, and Monday and fewer each remaining day of the week.
    7/18 was a Monday (5 days to process)
    7/19 Tuesday (4+ days to process)
    7/20 Wednesday (3 days to process)
    So it has taken two and a half "work" weeks already to process less than a weeks worth of submissions. I suspect for the foreseeable future the number of applications submitted will follow a similar pattern with a spike on Monday submissions that tapers off the rest of the week until the next weekend. And although the MSP throughput seems to be increasing I believe you can expect to see a similar pattern of early weekday submissions taking several days to process due to shear volume submitted after the weekend so prepare yourselves for a wait.

Those still waiting for training I recommend you get everything you can ready and your application pre-filled out so you can submit it as soon as you are complete. Let the people who don't know about MDS dawdle and go to the back of the line.

MarkB

Aug 17, 2022
    Milton, DE 19968
    As I said earlier, I received my permit thi afternoon. As luck would have it, I had to travel to Kent Island this afternoon and evening. Round trip. I sure felt nice to have that weight on my hip when I crossed into Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom