• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    What is your estimate on approvals per day? I think I am looking at about 450/day over the last two weeks.

Check the spreadsheet. I post graphs in the banter and/or tracking threads almost daily. I did forget to update the graphs on the spreadsheet itself until moments ago, however.

ACEystole

Jun 15, 2013
    22HGP0311XX

Date submitted: 07/30/2022
    Date Accepted: 08/05/2022
    NICS: 09/14/2022

Waiting on pins and needles

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SuperSoap

Member of the Great 28
    Apr 5, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    I refrained from checking for so long and then I couldn’t help it so I checked and boom. 28ers rejoice

Submit 7/17
    Accepted 7/28
    Nics 8/24
    Approved 9/9 @1226
    22HGP-0574xx

SeeFix

Sep 14, 2013
    Maryland
    Is that accurate?? 0197XX ? You must of started the app in June or something
    Mine was submitted 8/1 and number starts at 467XX
    Yeah I started my application the week of my training class then the training class got cancelled and I went on vacation and couldn’t get in another class for a few weeks.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Submitted 8/1
    Accepted 8/9
    Nics 8/9
    Assigned investigator 9/8 10:00 PM
    I applied as well even though I don't need it as a current LEO.

I did it for 3 reasons:
    1. IMO, a large response needs to be seen to counter the false narrative that it's not something "the people" want.
    2. To be able to provide a potential indicator as to whether being a current LEO has any influence regarding the issuance timeline. (Thus far I would say no)
    3. Merica!!

For comparison purposes....
    Submitted 8-1
    Accepted 8-8
    NICS 8-19
    APPROVED ???

hosspower

Dec 1, 2019
    Walkersville, MD
    I applied as well even though I don't need it as a current LEO.

I did it for 3 reasons:
    1. IMO, a large response needs to be seen to counter the false narrative that it's not something "the people" want.
    2. To be able to provide a potential indicator as to whether being a current LEO has any influence regarding the issuance timeline. (Thus far I would say no)
    3. Merica!!

For comparison purposes....
    Submitted 8-1
    Accepted 8-8
    NICS 8-19
    APPROVED ???
    Your timeline has definitely been accelerated. I was accepted 8/5 and I still don't have a NICS number or date.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Your timeline has definitely been accelerated. I was accepted 8/5 and I still don't have a NICS number or date.
    Perhaps I honestly haven't been able to track all submissions but I've definitely seen many who were not LE get them quicker. (And good for them.) I suspect that moving ahead there will be challenges to the whole process in an attempt to get something similar to PA as far as timelines. What better way to do that then to say - "Maryland delays rights to such a great extent, active law enforcement officers applied and it took 45, 60, etc... days to get. These are people who could already lawfully carry."

Cal516

Aug 28, 2022
    Maryland
    I remain doubtful that the NICS date/number has any impact on approval other than it will be done sometime before approval. I submitted 7/18, was accepted on 7/29 (11 long days - now that has an impact). My NICS date/number was also 7/29. Obviously didn’t speed anything up but lots of folks who applied later got earlier accepted dates and have permits in hand. I think it all depends on how fast or slow your investigator is assigned (8/28 for me) and how speedy they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom