Harwood, Md.
    Submitted July 17
    Accepted July 28
    Assigned August 26
    Rejected September 9
    Informal review requested September 9
    Informal review confirmation September 13
    Informal review October 8

I was rejected for possession and distribution of CDS. Only problem is, ive never been even charged… let alone convicted of this. I have a clean background. The best part is, when they sent my rejection letter along with my CJIS report, the CJIS reporting is clean… can’t make this stuff up. I called MSP and was told the charge on the HGP is for someone with a different middle name than me and is an error. “This is why we have the review process” but they wouldn’t change the outcome until I go through the review… in almost a month.

Mursey

Aug 23, 2017
    You will get page 7 when approved

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Is that in the paperwork they email you or do you mean from the "print application" thing? Because if that's the case, I've had a page 7 the entire time, but no approval notice.

Concepts

Jul 20, 2022
    St. Mary's
    Is that in the paperwork they email you or do you mean from the "print application" thing? Because if that's the case, I've had a page 7 the entire time, but no approval notice.
    You can have more than 6 pages on your initial app if your job history is long enough. Mine was like that, thanks to my company continually selling their government contract to the next person, over and over. My permit info was on page 8 after approval due to this. So while "page 7" is the standard for a lot of folks to obtain their permit info after final disposition, it's not the always the case.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Woot, into August now! Come on 8/5 approvals! Maybe a week and a half if I am lucky, 3 weeks if I am not. Sigh.

JoeGael

Jan 6, 2009
    Sykesville, MD
    Application Date: 7/21/2022
    Application Accepted: 8/1/2022
    NICS #: 8/30/2022
    Permit application not disapproved email: 9/16/2022 7:14am
    Permit #22HGP-0599xx

Days from application to accepted: 11 days
    Days from accepted to NICS: 30 days
    Days from accepted to decision: 15 days
    Total: ~56 days from application to decision

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    Submitted: 07/18
    Accepted: 07/29
    NICS # 8/24
    NICS Date Added 8/25
    No "Assigned to Investigator" email
    CJIS letter received 8/29
    Approved 9/12
    Permit # 22HGP-0578XX
    Permit in hand 9/16

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Still no nics check, makes me concerned, I wonder why I didn't get one with everyone else yesterday
    Absolutely no reason to be concerned. NICS is not even worth worrying about at all. I think folks just like to see something happen. They can do NICS whenever they want. It is unlikely to make any difference what-so-ever. Heck, it's possible they ran it and just didn't update the form. There's a lot of variation. I'm not even sure why they put the NICS on the paperwork since they aren't putting the other database dates on there. Nothing I've seen suggests that when you get your NICS matters in the least (or maybe the very least...the order in which you are processed for a specific acceptance date...and even that seems iffy to me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom