• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Also, this is a fitting time to say I'm washing my hands of tracking data at this point.

We've got a pretty solid idea as to how this process works. Those that know and are interested can find the data themselves.

If someone else is interested in picking up the project, I'll be happy to help with a handoff of what I have.

Good luck, folks.

Eclipse1576

Aug 27, 2022
    Maryland
    Also, this is a fitting time to say I'm washing my hands of tracking data at this point.

We've got a pretty solid idea as to how this process works. Those that know and are interested can find the data themselves.

If someone else is interested in picking up the project, I'll be hand to help with a handoff of what I have.

Good luck, folks.
    Thanks for all the help and time it took you to do all this. You data has brought me back from the cliff a couple of time lol. In all seriousness thank you.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021

If someone else is interested in picking up the project, I'll be happy to help with a handoff of what I have.

Good luck, folks.
    amazing job!

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Thanks for all the help and time it took you to do all this. You data has brought me back from the cliff a couple of time lol. In all seriousness thank you.
    You, and everyone else, are very welcome. I've mentioned to a number of folks in recent weeks that my will to track the data was a confluence of nerdery, self interest, OCD, etc. I'd be lying if I said that my own permit arriving wasn't part of the reason I'm walking away, but I think the real answer is that...we have the answer. We know how it works now. With the question(s) answered, my interest in the process is all but dead now.

I was happy to help. I'm glad I could be of help.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    As an 8/3'r, thinking that an 8/6'r got approved already was very distressing!
    I understand. I, like everyone, was on tenterhooks every day awaiting the decision, wondering if some administrative trivia would trip up the process. Two things: 1) It's very possible for some reason or other that someone might get approved out of order - that doesn't make them fodder for false accusations and harassment, it just makes them fortunate and we should rejoice for them. 2) Thank you for a friendly, civil post.

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia
    It looks like it is pretty consistently a month and a half from submission to approval...

Submitted: 9/16
    Accepted: 9/16...

If that time period continues to play out, I suspect I'll have my permit sometime between the last week of October through early November.

Last edited:

TheFamosN

Aug 24, 2022
    Harford County, MD
    It's too late. Your data has been compromised. The spreadsheet has you. Good luck...

Now his local neighborhood crackhead is going to do a full OSINT investigation on his username, find out who he is, stalk his every move for the next 3 years, and when he finally lets his guard down he’s going to sneak up, pull up his shirt, take his gun and sell it on the black market for half a pack of cigarettes and a bootleg DVD of The Breakfast Club.

Concepts

Jul 20, 2022
    St. Mary's
    Application: 22HGP042xxx
    Submitted: 7-19
    Accepted: 7-29
    NICS: 8-26
    Approved: 9-13 @ 4:53am
    Card in Hand: TBD

Permit Number: 22HGP-0583xx

Now the mailbox games begin!

For Boondock
    56 days from Submission to Approved
    46 days from Accepted to Approved
    18 days from NICS to Approved

Received in mail 9/16.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Good luck, folks.
    Boondock you are indeed a Saint. As the OP I want to Thank you on behalf of all the members and visitors to this thread for all your work that demystified this non transparent process and provided solstice and eased the minds of many members and nonmembers alike while they were waiting. You will be written in the annals of MDS history and be remembered when Wear and Carry permit holders gather to talk about when Shall Issue started in the peoples republic of Marylandstan.

Posted thanks for Boondock Saint in this thread are NOT spam. Thank you, you did a yeoman's job!

Spoken for by helptech3
    Thank you for your prompt reply!

HELP WANTED! Statistician for MDS Application Progress Tracking Thread!
    Any of you new to MDS folks who would like to give something back to the community and earn a reputation as well as the thanks of many the position of Thread Statistician is open. All you have to do is declare your intent and start crunching the numbers. You can keep them and report them in whatever format suits your preference.

I wish to add my thanks also to @308Scout for his idea and and early work getting the stats off the ground and working. I was only my emotions at Boondock Saints retirement that clouded my mind. And a thanks to everyone who has contributed their data and those who have tried to keep this thread clean of extraneous posts so the statisticians could do their work.

Last edited:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Thanks to Boondock Saint for all of your efforts on this. It has given us a very clear pic of what the process entails and the expected time frame. Thank you!

I'll keep waiting patiently.. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom