• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    I'm not arguing against you, and I'm not siding with MSP.

They can physically process apps only so fast (the jack-booted thugs).
    Agreed. I don't understand the irrational angst here. I'd be upset if they didn't do anything to try to stay on top of the application load. They have as much as we can expect any government agency to do. It's clear they're working early and late each day to process the applications as evidenced by when the approvals come through. They've also worked weekends. Do you expect them to work 24/7? And who's going to pay for the extra staffing?

The one thing I don't want them to do is to get so sloppy with their checks and give the far left idiots an excuse to come at what we finally have been able to get. I know I know we shouldn't be burdened by this process anyways given that it's a Constitutional right. Things are finally starting to move in a positive direction. Don't need anything to make things go backwards.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Agreed. I don't understand the irrational angst here. I'd be upset if they didn't do anything to try to stay on top of the application load. They have as much as we can expect any government agency to do. It's clear they're working early and late each day to process the applications as evidenced by when the approvals come through. They've also worked weekends. Do you expect them to work 24/7? And who's going to pay for the extra staffing?

The one thing I don't want them to do is to get so sloppy with their checks and give the far left idiots an excuse to come at what we finally have been able to get. I know I know we shouldn't be burdened by this process anyways given that it's a Constitutional right. Things are finally starting to move in a positive direction. Don't need anything to make things go backwards.
    The angst is the undue burden that has been placed on the exercise of a right. The arrogance they had knowing SCOTUS was hearing Bruen and it would directly affect them and doing nothing about it. Continuing to try and wedge the process into the old process (except for G&S) instead of fixing it to streamline it.

PA has seen an influx of applications from MD residents and they are turning around in a few days even though the only a couple of counties are bearing the load of that influx.

I expect them to get it sorted. If they need to hire they need to hire. If they need to cut the process down they need to cut the process down. I have no sympathy for them in this. They have had an unconstitutional process and continue to try and use it. It has been, and continues to be, done as a barrier.

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    The angst is the undue burden that has been placed on the exercise of a right. The arrogance they had knowing SCOTUS was hearing Bruen and it would directly affect them and doing nothing about it. Continuing to try and wedge the process into the old process (except for G&S) instead of fixing it to streamline it.

PA has seen an influx of applications from MD residents and they are turning around in a few days even though the only a couple of counties are bearing the load of that influx.

I expect them to get it sorted. If they need to hire they need to hire. If they need to cut the process down they need to cut the process down. I have no sympathy for them in this. They have had an unconstitutional process and continue to try and use it. It has been, and continues to be, done as a barrier.
    They've already removed the steps to contact your references. They've removed the requirement for an in person interview. What else do you want them to remove? If you're ok with doubling the application fees, then that's on you. Because that's the only way I see them increasing staffing.

Having worked in various forms of government, the recent change is actually pretty surprising to me as to the speed they've made some accommodations. And it appears from the tracking that the time from acceptance to approval has been holding around 60 some odd days. We've all waited decades for this to happen. Waiting 60 days isn't going to kill you.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    They've already removed the steps to contact your references. They've removed the requirement for an in person interview. What else do you want them to remove? If you're ok with doubling the application fees, then that's on you. Because that's the only way I see them increasing staffing.

Having worked in various forms of government, the recent change is actually pretty surprising to me as to the speed they've made some accommodations. And it appears from the tracking that the time from acceptance to approval has been holding around 60 some odd days. We've all waited decades for this to happen. Waiting 60 days isn't going to kill you.
    I'm not ok with the fees either.

A right delayed is a right denied. I have zero sympathy for their "streamlined" process. It only takes time if they take time. twenty five states have permitless carry. They are not awash in blood.

Asking the state for permission to exercise a right makes it a privilege.

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland

A right delayed is a right denied. I have zero sympathy for their "streamlined" process. It only takes time if they take time. twenty five states have permitless carry. They are not awash in blood.

You keep referring to other states that have not had to transition due to Bruen. Of course they wouldn't have the delays even with the influx of us Murlanders that are applying for non resident permits. I would venture to bet the numbers of MD applications are not being reciprocated with the neighboring states here. I only travel into VA and DE on a regular basis. I do go into DC some but certainly not into PA as often. So I have to decide which path makes more sense for me.

You mention you have zero sympathy for the process, but it's actually they have zero sympathy for you. They're the gatekeepers to issuing the permit. You can throw as much of a temper tantrum and waste all this mental energy if you want. They don't care.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    You keep referring to other states that have not had to transition due to Bruen. Of course they wouldn't have the delays even with the influx of us Murlanders that are applying for non resident permits. I would venture to bet the numbers of MD applications are not being reciprocated with the neighboring states here. I only travel into VA and DE on a regular basis. I do go into DC some but certainly not into PA as often. So I have to decide which path makes more sense for me.

You mention you have zero sympathy for the process, but it's actually they have zero sympathy for you. They're the gatekeepers to issuing the permit. You can throw as much of a temper tantrum and waste all this mental energy if you want. They don't care.
    I'm not throwing a temper tantrum, but thank you for playing.

I have no sympathy for state that has had their boots on our necks and now continues to drag through a process that has demonstrably better in other states.

FL didn't take this long and they had a hurricane in the middle of people applying. They didn't use it as an excuse.

MD doesn't like you armed. I don't care if they like it, it is the RIGHT to KEEP and BEAR arms. Bruen reaffirmed that. I expect them to get this sorted.

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland

I have no sympathy for state that has had their boots on our necks and now continues to drag through a process that has demonstrably better in other states.

FL didn't take this long and they had a hurricane in the middle of people applying. They didn't use it as an excuse.

MD doesn't like you armed. I don't care if they like it, it is the RIGHT to KEEP and BEAR arms. Bruen reaffirmed that. I expect them to get this sorted.
    For someone not having a temper tantrum, you're sure spending a lot of mental energy on this.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    For someone not having a temper tantrum, you're sure spending a lot of mental energy on this.
    And yet, here you are replying to another post.

I bet you patted yourself on the back after that one.

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    And yet, here you are replying to another post.

I bet you patted yourself on the back after that one.
    There are a few of us that have replied stating you throwing a tantrum on this forum isn't doing you any good. It's basics which you seem not to be able to grasp. When you have a flood of applications with a set number of resources to process them, things will get delayed. Another thing is per existing rules, they have 90 days to turn your application around BEFORE Bruen. They have not even gotten close to 90 days based on this.

I'm not patting myself on the back with this one. But amazed at how red misted someone can be.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    There are a few of us that have replied stating you throwing a tantrum on this forum isn't doing you any good. It's basics which you seem not to be able to grasp. When you have a flood of applications with a set number of resources to process them, things will get delayed. Another thing is per existing rules, they have 90 days to turn your application around BEFORE Bruen. They have not even gotten close to 90 days based on this.

I'm not patting myself on the back with this one. But amazed at how red misted someone can be.
    "A few of you". Do you use the term "we" to describe yourself.?

You are the only one that mentioned the word "tantrum". But keep making excuses like the little statist you are.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

I wouldn't piss on Maryland if it were on fire.

Maryland DESPISES guns

But Bruen gave us Shall Issue, it did NOT eliminate the scheme.

Maryland dropped references, and interviews, but not checking 65,000 databases.

Sucks to be us, but it sucks less post-Bruen

eruby@packing_a_.40.com/FabJewlous!!

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I wouldn't piss on Maryland if it were on fire.

Maryland DESPISES guns

But Bruen gave us Shall Issue, it did NOT eliminate the scheme.

Maryland dropped references, and interviews, but not checking 65,000 databases.

Sucks to be us, but it sucks less post-Bruen

eruby@packing_a_.40.com/FabJewlous!!
    I don't disagree with you.

It does not mean I have to like their feet dragging, nor do I need to feel like they are doing us a favor getting us an answer in less than 90 days.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I don't disagree with you.

It does not mean I have to like their feet dragging, nor do I need to feel like they are doing us a favor getting us an answer in less than 90 days.
    I despise their feet dragging, and they are doing everything they can to NOT do us any favors.

You know you've stepped in it, when the best you can say is 'well, we're better than New Jersey'.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I despise their feet dragging, and they are doing everything they can to NOT do us any favors.

You know you've stepped in it, when the best you can say is 'well, we're better than New Jersey'.
    I believe NJ is still better than HI.

But you are on point. If I was coming to the get together it would do me proud to buy you that corned beef, on white or rye. :D

BTW.. my permission slip just arrived.

k3for

Jun 19, 2021
    Submitted 9/23
    Accepted 9/26
    NICS 11/21/2022 (got date from form after approval, never notified by email)
    Approved 11/29
    22HGP-0971xx
    In Hand- 12/4 (just updated)

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Then get off your ass and put the time in, in Annapolis, and get them to change the laws that MSP has to follow. It really is that simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom