• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Esox

May 16, 2015
    When u say reapply what exactly did you have to do
    The fingerprints hadn't been sent in electronically and I was told to reapply. I go in touch where I did the fingerprinting and made sure they sent them in.
    I honestly don't remember exactly what paperwork I had to do, it was clear from the correspondence and it didn't delay the process much.
    Sorry for the rather vague answer :)

minux

Jun 19, 2023
    HoCo
    The fingerprints hadn't been sent in electronically and I was told to reapply. I go in touch where I did the fingerprinting and made sure they sent them in.
    I honestly don't remember exactly what paperwork I had to do, it was clear from the correspondence and it didn't delay the process much.

Is the CO going to re-send for free? I wouldn't pay them again...

abyrd

Sep 29, 2023
    Clinton Maryland
    No worries I just ask because I believe if the cjis doesn't get the finger prints scanned then it will hold up your application. Just wanted to know when they finally got your prints did your application go to accepted, enjoy your weekend and how long did it take for them to receive them.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The time from when the MSP acceptance of the Application notification to the approval of the HGP has been taking about 40 to 45 days however recently there have been some that were faster. Of course to that you need to add time for the USPO to deliver the actual permit in the mail which depending on where you live can take any where from a few days to a week or more. If you look back through this threads posts you will find plenty of examples and answers to almost any question that has come up since Bruen changed the way things are done.

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    HGP Timeline

Date Application Started - 8/23/23
    Date Application Accepted - 8/31/23
    NICS # - 9/7/23
    Date Application Approved -10/2/23
    Permit Number -23HGP-1890XX
    References contacted -NO

DizD

Sep 29, 2020
    Pasadena, Md.
    HGP Timeline
    Applications # 23HGP0728XX
    Date Application Started - 8/21/23
    Date Application Accepted - 8/28/23
    NICS # - 9/1/23
    Date Application Approved -9/29/23
    Permit Number -23HGP-1887XX
    References contacted -NO
    Permit in hand - 10/2/23

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    HGP Timeline
    Applications # 23HGP0728XX
    Date Application Started - 8/21/23
    Date Application Accepted - 8/28/23
    NICS # - 9/1/23
    Date Application Approved -9/29/23
    Permit Number -23HGP-1887XX
    References contacted -NO
    Permit in hand - 10/2/23
    32 Days from accepted to approved.

Esox

May 16, 2015
    Hey one more question you said you got back in contact with the finger prints company, did you have to resend your finger print or did the finger print technician did it or both of you
    They took care of it. I just stopped by and informed them it wasn't received.

abyrd

Sep 29, 2023
    Clinton Maryland
    I received the same letter Sat.
    I get one a week after every finger print scan, hgl, regular background check ✔, now waiting for ccw one. All finger prints are the same i know they can use the finger prints, but they make you use separate scan finger prints for each application. Crazy they are greedy

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    Has anyone ever been denied a ccw for an expired dv protective order. No convictions at all.

There was one guy in reddit that got denied. He requested an informal review, but I haven't seen any posts over there from him. he sai the reason he was denied was "Propensity for violence and instability over dismissed protective orders from my child's mother." His username over there is "Known-Slide1463". You might try reaching out to him for more info.

probowhunter

Sep 14, 2011
    There was one guy in reddit that got denied. He requested an informal review, but I haven't seen any posts over there from him. he sai the reason he was denied was "Propensity for violence and instability over dismissed protective orders from my child's mother." His username over there is "Known-Slide1463". You might try reaching out to him for more info.
    I found it and it says he got a Pbj I was never charge with anything at all

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    It would be nice to get to 200,000 by end of year.
    I was thinking that a couple weeks ago. Do think it will happen though. It seems to be slowing down. We are getting close to a drop dead date for an app to be approved by the EOY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom