Apprentice Gunsmith looking for other Gunsmiths in PG County/Charles County Area/NOVA

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    Hey guys, I see its hard here in Maryland to get started with Gunsmithing. Jobs want you to have everything (Experience) and some of us arent as experience to just need a support system. I fit in that category. I am looking to get a small team of guys in the Prince Georges County and Charles County, maybe even Northen VA to group together on future builds, design new types of firearms, and maybe start a small company. PM me if you're really interested and If any advice PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Weel123

On the computer 24/7
    Jul 12, 2012
    Camp Springs,MD
    Do you have any experience at all?

Well, I refinished a Stevens 5100 that has been sitting in a garage for god knows how long. The pits were too deep and it just looked ugly after I was done with it.

I guess you could say I have no experience then.

Last edited:

Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    OP, nice AO2 avatar...

As for getting into gunsmithing, check around in the area to see if there are any gunsmiths that would take you under their wing.

Im looking, it seems as though some folks are in that "Competitive" or Inconsiderate type. I meet very few who are willing but none are gunsmiths in my area.

Thanx for the advice, I will keep on the look out

Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    Well, I refinished a Stevens 5100 that has been sitting in a garage for god knows how long. The pits were too deep and it just looked ugly after I was done with it.

I guess you could say I have no experience then.

I can take a look at the stevens, lol. I guess we can discuss then what we can get started or get you more experienced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom