• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Local24MD

Apr 1, 2015
    Perry Hall
    So I have colt ar6721 and I want to get a decent new Handguard but I want make sure it will work. I measured the one on my colt and is was a little over 6 inches so if I ordered a new one I would get a 6 inch one. Any help or ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I would suggest a drop in carbine length handguard. The free floats are nice but then you will need to remove your factory front sight and find a new gas block. Pain in the ass. Can be done easy enough but do you really want to take apart a perfectly good factory colt barrel setup?

Local24MD

Apr 1, 2015
    Perry Hall
    Never heard of Knights, gonna have to look into that one. Yeah I just want a decent but not to overpriced guard because I don't care for the factory one. Maybe get an aluminum one. Also don't know a lot of decent makers so I guess I'll just shop around. Thanks all

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    How about a Troy handguard?

They are nice but you could do better imo. Nate at Engage Armament got me set up with an awesome 9 inch fortis rail that fit perfectly right behind my FSB. The fortis rails are priced well and super light weight, love mine.

Local24MD

Apr 1, 2015
    Perry Hall
    They are nice but you could do better imo. Nate at Engage Armament got me set up with an awesome 9 inch fortis rail that fit perfectly right behind my FSB. The fortis rails are priced well and super light weight, love mine.

Yeah I'd go to engage, I stopped in once and talked to him. The over an hour to get there is the shitty part because he was more knowledgable and friendly than most I've dealt with. I just happened to be down that way. Open an Engage in White Marsh?

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    I would suggest a drop in carbine length handguard. The free floats are nice but then you will need to remove your factory front sight and find a new gas block. Pain in the ass. Can be done easy enough but do you really want to take apart a perfectly good factory colt barrel setup?

Not true. Daniel Defense Omega rail. Free float and completely drop in. Don't mind the SBR below in the attached pic. 200 bucks is a good price on these.

Attachments

• 20150331_163703.jpg
      20150331_163703.jpg
      43.7 KB · Views: 200

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I have two Knights and a YHM lightweight. All are great but my favorite is the free float Knights on my MK12. DD rails are just too pricey for me. My Knights free float came with the rifle, otherwise I would never have gotten it. Also too much. You can get a milsurp one for under $100 at a gun show. Thats what my other one is. Rifle length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    The 6920 Socom comes with a KAC handguard, they are a good choice, but along those lines the Fortis from Engage is similar. If you will be at the Delmarva shoot tomorrow, I will have mine there and you are welcome to try it out. As a matter of fact there will probably be 100 choices of HG's to check out.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Not true. Daniel Defense Omega rail. Free float and completely drop in. Don't mind the SBR below in the attached pic. 200 bucks is a good price on these.

Hadn't seen that one yet. But you have to agree.... Generally a free float will not allow you to keep the front sight base. That one is an exception.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Check out Bravo for tactical handguards:
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Tactical-Handguards-Non-Free-Float-s/53.htm

I like the following: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/MI-17-SS-Series-Drop-In-Carbine-Length-Two-Piec-p/mi-17ss.htm

Weighing in at an incredible 5.7 ounces without rails, and 6.6 ounces with rails. This handguard adds virtually no weight to a standard carbine. A standard GI unit weighs 6.8 ounces.
    The three modular side and bottom polymer rail sections offer maximum flexibility for mission requirements.
    With five anti-rotation QD socket locations for QD sling swivels
    Constructed of 6061 aluminum, type 3 hard coat anodized, with plymer rail sections (aluminum optional) for a lifetime of service
    Featuring a monolithic type continuous top rail, T-marked for accessory location
    Compatible with some gas piston systems.

Length = 7.0 inches

Height = 2.25 inches

Width = 1.825 inches (without rails)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom