• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Thanks to Hafer's for my first AR-15 lower. I realize that this is a crazy time to buy my first AR, but I walked in, they had lowers, and they were (almost literally) flying off of the shelf so I snagged one. Talk about timing.

Expect to hear back from me to help get the thing built and/or running right. :D

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I was in there friday when the Spikes lowers came in and it was pretty sweet seeing two big boxes full of lowers. It may be about 20 days or so before the paperwork clears MSP. So, be patient it's not the not the shops fault it's MSP that's backed up and Tim can't release the items until he gets the NICS # from MSP. If you need any build help PM me, I would be glad to help. I'm in Clearspring. :D

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I was in there friday when the Spikes lowers came in and it was pretty sweet seeing two big boxes full of lowers. It may be about 20 days or so before the paperwork clears MSP. So, be patient it's not the not the shops fault it's MSP that's backed up and Tim can't release the items until he gets the NICS # from MSP. If you need any build help PM me, I would be glad to help. I'm in Clearspring. :D

He can release them by law on the 8th day but most dealers understandably do the CYA thing and wait until the paperwork comes back.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    He can release them by law on the 8th day but most dealers understandably do the CYA thing and wait until the paperwork comes back.

He can release them by Maryland law on the 8th day but, without the NICS # why would the FFL take the chance. It's a screwed up deal here in MD. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Haha...anymore left, I will be there today at lunch if there is.

They were all spoken for before I left. When I walked in, there were three on the shelf and the other two got claimed while I was doing the paperwork. If I had showed up 10 minutes later, I doubt I would have gotten one. An hour earlier, and I don't think they would have been there yet. So it really was karma that I ended up with one.

I know there's a long wait for the paperwork to clear MSP. I don't blame Tim a bit for waiting instead of releasing on day 8. I'm in no rush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom