• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fastgoat04

Jun 4, 2010
    Me and a buddy are ordering some blank AR lowers. We need to know if we only need 1 jig? And also what tools are needed to complete the lower? Any input would be great.

arbrand

Jan 21, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Do not buy from Ares Armor, you will never receive your order prior to October 1st. I have waited 3 months with no shipment, no email, no refunds, just an awful company to deal with. Trust me, deal with someone else.

Last edited:

fastgoat04

Jun 4, 2010
    Hey guys I really need to know how hard and what tools I exactly need from someone who's done this before.

hamrad

Dec 19, 2012
    I just finished one. Used a cheap harbor freight drill press. You just need a set of drill bits, and a 3/8 end mill. Was easier than I thought it would be. I am planning to do a few more soon!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    You only need one jig, you can use it over and over again. I have a friend building lowers and jig kits, if anyone is interested, send me a pm or email. I have done them from 0%, 80% and billet.. I like the billet the best... LMAO

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    You only need one jig, you can use it over and over again. I have a friend building lowers and jig kits, if anyone is interested, send me a pm or email. I have done them from 0%, 80% and billet.. I like the billet the best... LMAO
    And they look remarkably like that Simplistic Solutions lower.. :o

Last edited:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I highly recommend getting a copy of the Ray-Vin guide before working on a lower, partial or 0%. His guide is good and takes you through the whole process on a raw forging. It is an invaluable reference for a self builder.. :party29:

Can I put a link to it here without getting in trouble? :shrug:

Ah, what the heck.. lol http://www.ray-vin.com/frtech.htm

eurobuff

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 21, 2011
    Anyone in this thread with a jig willing to rent it out? If so please send me a PM.

Thanks.

gregaarms

Machinist Junkie
    Feb 18, 2013
    Calvert County
    There is a member on this forum that has a cnc mill set up for finishing 80% lowers. It takes about 20 min to complete one, and its relatively cheap to rent it. pm me if you want his contact info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom