• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I see what you are talking about.

When the bolt is back, it pushes the hammer down, so pulling the trigger does nothing. If you hold the trigger and let the bolt forward, the hammer is caught by the disconnecter, just like when you fire the rifle and hold the trigger back. You have to release the trigger to release the hammer from the disconnecter and have it held by the sear, so the trigger again works.

You can still pull the trigger with the bolt back, but it has no affect.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I see what you are talking about.

When the bolt is back, it pushes the hammer down, so pulling the trigger does nothing. If you hold the trigger and let the bolt forward, the hammer is caught by the disconnecter, just like when you fire the rifle and hold the trigger back. You have to release the trigger to release the hammer from the disconnecter and have it held by the sear, so the trigger again works.

You can still pull the trigger with the bolt back, but it has no affect.

This is assuming you have your trigger installed correctly. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if I recall correctly there are some triggers that if you don't install correctly the disconnect or won't engage, so if you're holding the trigger while the bolt is riding forward, the hammer simply rotates slowly as the bolt clears it. It will bump the firing pin, but not with enough force to set off the primer.

I could be completely wrong on this though.

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    This is assuming you have your trigger installed correctly. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if I recall correctly there are some triggers that if you don't install correctly the disconnect or won't engage, so if you're holding the trigger while the bolt is riding forward, the hammer simply rotates slowly as the bolt clears it. It will bump the firing pin, but not with enough force to set off the primer.

I could be completely wrong on this though.

I put the lower together so it could easily be put together wrong.. ive fired maybe 700 or so rpunds.. with maybe 4 light hammer strikes..

eta.. everything function checks fine

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Chad, top or bottom issue

Its hard to say, it could be a top issue like being over-gassed. Overgassing will cause the carrier speed to slam the buffer off the receiver extension and rebound it fast which amplifies carrier bounce.

If its not an overgassing issue, then its often a case of a spring and buffer issue.

A SSA or SSA-e Trigger often makes a Bumpfire stock work better generally.

Watch this video about how round springs behave:

Round Buffer Springs tend to rebound which can amplify Carrier Bounce. Use a RIFLE length Superior Shooting Solutions Flat Wire Buffer Spring and a H3 Buffer and retry. If its still happening you need an adjustable gas block to tone down the gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom