• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yardman

Oct 11, 2010
    Columbia
    Ok I have a few hand guns but want a few rifles. With the new laws in md seems we can only get HBAR rifles correct? I have a few rifles I am looking at but am unsure whether they are still legal here in MD. Here is the list if you guys can help a noob out with whether they are legal or not. Looking for it to fire both .223 and 5.56 Also any other suggestions would be welcomed. My budget is under $1000 since its a late Christmas gift for myself. Thanks in advance.

Spikes ST15 16" le carbine
    DPMS Oracle ATACS
    DPMS Panther carbine 16
    DPMS Oracle
    Bushmaster Carbon 15 carbine.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Ok I have a few hand guns but want a few rifles. With the new laws in md seems we can only get HBAR rifles correct? I have a few rifles I am looking at but am unsure whether they are still legal here in MD. Here is the list if you guys can help a noob out with whether they are legal or not. Looking for it to fire both .223 and 5.56 Also any other suggestions would be welcomed. My budget is under $1000 since its a late Christmas gift for myself. Thanks in advance.

Spikes ST15 16" le carbine
    DPMS Oracle ATACS
    DPMS Panther carbine 16
    DPMS Oracle
    Bushmaster Carbon 15 carbine.
    not gonna happen in Md.:sad20:

yardman

Oct 11, 2010
    Columbia
    I saw the colt and have that as an option are there any others that compare under $have 3 kids so kinda gotta keep at or under budget.

Sc0tt556

Freedom...."Earn this"
    May 14, 2013
    MD
    2A Sales had a brand new colt hbar (no frills m4 style) at your price point - below 1k

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Some will say it's trash, compared to Colt and S&W, but I have a Delton hbar that has been great and should be found for $800 or less.

blodter

Aug 28, 2013
    Hagerstown, MD
    too late.....go to Gun Connection and look at buying a Windham or S&W HBAR you will NOT be disappointed

Are we finally considering the M&P 15 Sport an HBAR? I had to sell one pre Oct. 1st because the FFL I was attempting to transfer it from said that since it was not a Colt HBAR, it was not considered an HBAR (plus some weird spiel about it having a flash suppressor and bayonet lug???). If the Gun Connection really does consider it an HBAR, I am finally getting one. Fantastic rifles for a great price. If not, I'll have to suck it up and pay an extra $300 for a Colt A3.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Accurate Pawn just posted that they had the Colt 6721 brand new for $995. That's a good price.

That thing looks pretty awesome for $995. Amazing what prices are at now a year after the entire debacle. Towards the end of the run in September, my brother was getting the same handguns that I bought in April for around $100 less a piece.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    There are three good recommendations.

If and likely WHEN they start talking about the HBAR getting banned, and they WILL, prices will necessarily rise.

I don't have any connection to any IP here. All I know is that when they went for them, items sold quickly and became scarce. Plug that into ECON 101.

Advice from someone that had to buy when the price was high. :sad20:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    There are three good recommendations.

If and likely WHEN they start talking about the HBAR getting banned, and they WILL, prices will necessarily rise.

I don't have any connection to any IP here. All I know is that when they went for them, items sold quickly and became scarce. Plug that into ECON 101.

Advice from someone that had to buy when the price was high. :sad20:

Things were scarce in Maryland because of the nation wide panic. When they start talking about banning HBAR's in Maryland, there are about 45 other states that you can tap for inventory. I bought everything in 2013 through the internet and had them sent to an FFL. I paid more in April because of the national crisis than my brother paid in September because the national crisis was over by the end of June, maybe beginning of July.

I am a lot more into firearms than my brother and wanted to make sure I had enough in the pipeline that if it took 4 months to get a ND, I would have the firearms in my hands by October 1, 2013. Well, with the "on time" release, applying for designated collector status in June, etc., my brother got really, really lucky and was able to get pretty much everything he wanted and for less than what I paid.

yardman

Oct 11, 2010
    Columbia
    Settled on a colt 6721. Gonna get it in 2 weeks or so as long as my money comes in. Cant wait to start modding it. Need ideas on sights rails and triggers. So far thats what I would change or add hope aaccurate pawn still has them by then.

Feb 28, 2013
    Settled on a colt 6721. Gonna get it in 2 weeks or so as long as my money comes in. Cant wait to start modding it. Need ideas on sights rails and triggers. So far thats what I would change or add hope aaccurate pawn still has them by then.

You won't be disappointed. I have one and mine is a fine shooter.:D

sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    I have (more than one) pre-MD-ban ARs, but they are not the best rifle you can get for the money. If you want an accurate rifle to shoot paper, and you want to mod it up, a 10/22 will give you years of enjoyment at a much lower price. If you want an AR because it's an AR, then don't pay extra for some of the names you have on your list. If you want a reliable gun that you can play with on the range and use for protection at some point, you can almost get both a lever action carbine form Marlin in a pistol caliber and a tough-as-crap Ruger revolver to go with for under $1k.

ARs over hyped and overpriced for what they are IMHO. Unless that's what you are looking for. I have built all of mine in different configurations and they work just as good or better than ARs costing twice as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom