• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pk64f100

Cold Dead hands
    Aug 24, 2013
    Carroll Co Md
    I purchased a Msin nagant Archangel stock to build a tactical rifle which comes with a 5 round magazine and 10 round can be ordered which i will be doing as soon as I build rifle with new stock. I read that if I purchase a new trigger the rifle can operate in semi auto mode does this really work? I have attached both the info on Archangel and Timney trigger.

1. Timney Trigger Mosin-Nagant 1-1/2 to 4 lb Steel Matte Product #: 559350

2. Promag - Archangel Mosin Nagant Stock, Black - Aa9130 Mfg Part #: AA9130

Also I have a nice Chineese 53 carbine which i plan on using as the donor rifle since stock is not great but the steel is all in very good condition. Thanks for your help!

Goose Guy

Skooma lord
    Mar 29, 2010
    People's Respublik of Maryland
    I like the look of the archangel, but I don't see how a new trigger could make a bolt gun a semi-auto. Only thing I know that could do that is a Pederson device. (edit: already been mentioned) Probably just compares the trigger pull to an M1A or something.

pk64f100

Cold Dead hands
    Aug 24, 2013
    Carroll Co Md
    Stock is beyond repair

To answer question, I purchased the rifle with this in mind stock is not repairable. I like projects and have another 53 which is my keeper.

C-Par

Nov 6, 2011
    Brooklyn, MD
    I plan to do the same thing with my T-53. No big deal b/c I can always return it to orginal condition. I plan to use a brasstack mount and need to find a scoup ling eye relief scope I like. Maybe even a red dot.

The 10 rd magazine filled with 7.62x54R is AWESOME.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    You will likely be spending alot of money and get a dissapointment to try to semi auto a Mosin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedersen_device

I did quickly find some info on google that one was made and sold at auction.
    If you don't want to spend alot of $$ and you want semi auto and cheap ammo, get an SKS.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Or an SVT-40 (costs 2x + as much as an SKS but makes up for it by shooting 54r) :party29:

Just 2x? I thought that was $1K+ and hard to come by. I guess I"m spoiled by my $199 RT repaired SKS shooting $.25/round non-corrosive Tulammo.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Just 2x? I thought that was $1K+ and hard to come by. I guess I"m spoiled by my $199 RT repaired SKS shooting $.25/round non-corrosive Tulammo.

I think I said "2x +" meaning more than 2x. I was thinking $450 for an SKS vs. more than $900 for an SVT-40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom