• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I'm not a big fan of 5.56 in an AK. But this is interesting, especially since I already have a Beryl folding stock and rail. Pricey though, I think I'd rather have a Krebs tactical with the quick insert/release magwell for that kind of money.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Actually this video review is different, but I see your point; same gun. :) I just like this guys reviews, he's very straightforward. I think its interesting that he is getting MOA accuracy with the rifle.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    OK, pseudo-dupe. :)

My problem with the "Archer" is that it's missing everything that makes the Beryl awesome: the stock, the side selector, and the dogleg rail. The muzzle threading is also absolutely bizarre. I give them credit for excellent fit and finish, but that's just not enough at that price point, especially when you've got IO Inc's monkeys working on it.

For what they're selling that rifle for, it should at least have the proper stock and the side selector.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Meh. I would rather have the Arsenal.

At least the Arsenal is made at the actual Arsenal and have more accessories available if I so choose to buy them. These rifles as evidenced by the recent import of 7.62 Polish AK's by Pioneer Arms are made in Radom (which is the town famous for building the AK's) but not at the actual Lucznik 11 plant where the military variants are from.

That is not to say they are not good rifles but not at that selling point and I love AK's plus have no problem paying over $1000 for one but at least the ones I paid over $1000 for have the verified pedigree of being built at the same facility as their military counterparts.

However 5.56 in an AK has left a bad taste in my mouth. Had a BWK-92 that I loved to shoot out of. Shot a lot of cheap steel-cased ammo. I had it not once but twice have a round fail to extract getting stuck in the chamber. Maybe it was from user error of not being thorough in cleaning or maybe it was too hot? Whether the case I never had this problem in my 7.62 AK's ever so I am reluctant to go through with buying another 5.56 AK and if I did I would stick with brass cased ammo so as to avoid any sticky cases.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Meh. I would rather have the Arsenal.

At least the Arsenal is made at the actual Arsenal and have more accessories available if I so choose to buy them. These rifles as evidenced by the recent import of 7.62 Polish AK's by Pioneer Arms are made in Radom (which is the town famous for building the AK's) but not at the actual Lucznik 11 plant where the military variants are from.

That is not to say they are not good rifles but not at that selling point and I love AK's plus have no problem paying over $1000 for one but at least the ones I paid over $1000 for have the verified pedigree of being built at the same facility as their military counterparts.

However 5.56 in an AK has left a bad taste in my mouth. Had a BWK-92 that I loved to shoot out of. Shot a lot of cheap steel-cased ammo. I had it not once but twice have a round fail to extract getting stuck in the chamber. Maybe it was from user error of not being thorough in cleaning or maybe it was too hot? Whether the case I never had this problem in my 7.62 AK's ever so I am reluctant to go through with buying another 5.56 AK and if I did I would stick with brass cased ammo so as to avoid any sticky cases.

I was waiting on your feedback Scott...thanks!

does anyone know if this also come in 762x39?

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    does anyone know if this also come in 762x39?

Nope there is no point, they already have these:

Polish-AK_copy.jpg

http://www.classicfirearms.com/final-resolution-page

And the only "Polish" thing about them are the receiver and barrel. Everything else is pretty much Romanian mixed-in and of course U.S. 922r parts.
    The link above explains the story about these rifles.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Nope there is no point, they already have these:

Polish-AK_copy.jpg

http://www.classicfirearms.com/final-resolution-page

And the only "Polish" thing about them are the receiver and barrel. Everything else is pretty much Romanian mixed-in and of course U.S. 922r parts.The link above explains the story about these rifles.

it was professional of Classic to offer a partial or full refund on them. I don't know how they can call them Polish

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom