• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    EAU CLAIRE, Wis.

The city's Archery Park may need a name change. How about No-Archery Park? Tom Draper and his bowhunting friends have practiced archery at the park for more than 20 years, and he was surprised recently when he found a sign that cited a city ordinance prohibiting firearms - including bows and arrows. :sad20: :mad54:

"Several archers that I've talked to are kind of in disbelief," Draper said. "For all these years it's been there for the public to use. ... It was so convenient. And there was the camaraderie. During peak time it wasn't uncommon to have seven or eight guys down there."

The park is next to the Eau Claire River, and the city had developed earthen berms and even an archery tower for deer hunters to practice shooting from a platform.

Strange

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    EAU CLAIRE, Wis.

The city's Archery Park may need a name change. How about No-Archery Park? Tom Draper and his bowhunting friends have practiced archery at the park for more than 20 years, and he was surprised recently when he found a sign that cited a city ordinance prohibiting firearms - including bows and arrows. :sad20: :mad54:

"Several archers that I've talked to are kind of in disbelief," Draper said. "For all these years it's been there for the public to use. ... It was so convenient. And there was the camaraderie. During peak time it wasn't uncommon to have seven or eight guys down there."

The park is next to the Eau Claire River, and the city had developed earthen berms and even an archery tower for deer hunters to practice shooting from a platform.

Strange

Since when is a bow and arrow a firearm? Were they shooting flaming arrows?

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    Let's see...Wisconsin...every bit as liberal MD or MA. I'll bet if you read law closely, pea shooters are also outlawed. You could put an eye out with one of those things.:rolleyes:

Yep a quick check: RIGHT DENIED! No carry in WI.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Let's see...Wisconsin...every bit as liberal MD or MA. I'll bet if you read law closely, pea shooters are also outlawed. You could put an eye out with one of those things.:rolleyes:

Yep a quick check: RIGHT DENIED! No carry in WI.
    Question:
    What is the difference between an Archery Bow, and a Hunting Bow?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Question:
    What is the difference between an Archery Bow, and a Hunting Bow?

People were obviously using "assault bows". Bows painted black or camouflage with pistol-like grips and capable of firing several arrows without the need to go down range to retrieve them. Also characteristic of these are the "high capacity" quivers capable of holding more than 3 arrows. Won't someone think of the children!

tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob
    People were obviously using "assault bows". Bows painted black or camouflage with pistol-like grips and capable of firing several arrows without the need to go down range to retrieve them. Also characteristic of these are the "high capacity" quivers capable of holding more than 3 arrows. Won't someone think of the children!

I want one!!! I want one!!! I want one!!!....:sad20::crazy::deal:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom