Are cheap factory TMJ rounds better than....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Houndkeeper

Gardez Bien
    .......the TMJ reloads I have to buy at my range in order to observe their lead rules?

Meaning, am I better off bulk buying some low end factory loads to punch paper with? Because, aren't reloads even dirtier than factory rounds?

My range requires Total Metal Jacket rounds because of their lead policies so I have been shooting their reloads but, dang, they are dirty. Would I be better off feeding my guns cheaper brand TMJ factory loads? Horst & McCann allows you to bring your own ammo as long as they are TMJ.

Any input is appreciated.
    :)

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    The TMJ thing is a total bunch of crap and is just a money maker for Horst McCann... IF you can find them somewhere else, they'll probably be a lot cheaper and shoot just as well...

focusr3

Apr 23, 2008
    They will charge you more if you bring your own ammo. I refuse to go there if there system is so state of the art why can't you shoot fmj. Continental does not care what ammo you use.

Houndkeeper

Gardez Bien
    What Caliber? I can get you a Case of Blazer which would be the least expensive and Winchester or AE.

.40 S&W and .380

The thing is, Horst & McCann is seriously, only like 4-5 minutes from my house. With the cost of gas and all..............:o

How far is Continental from the Bel Air area and do I need to be a member or have a sponser?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Heather, you can shoot Jacketed Hollow Points there as well. Those can be found cheaper in a lot of cases. Watch Bass Pro and Dicks for sales.

Houndkeeper

Gardez Bien
    Heather, you can shoot Jacketed Hollow Points there as well. Those can be found cheaper in a lot of cases. Watch Bass Pro and Dicks for sales.

Seriously? Hollow points cheaper than practice rounds?
    holycowsmile.gif

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Depends on what you're getting. Some companies sell bulk hollowpoints as practice ammo.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The funny thing is that 90% of the airborn lead comes from the primer, not the base of the bullet.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    .40 S&W and .380

The thing is, Horst & McCann is seriously, only like 4-5 minutes from my house. With the cost of gas and all..............:o

How far is Continental from the Bel Air area and do I need to be a member or have a sponser?

I have the same senario I live 5 min from horst and I ended up buying the
    $85 membership to keep the costs down since I go so much.
    You can get cheap .40 TMJ which is $5 cheaper than Horst per box since they charge you $3 more if you bring your own you save $2 per 50 rounds

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cf...prodID=CC3589&prodTitle=CCI Blazer Ammunition

If I have more time I just drive to Continental its alot more fun there and the Range is MUCH nicer

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom