• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Prices would drop like a rock, followed closely by profits. Are you going to spend $800 on a rifle suppressor if there's no tax stamp? Not me. I'll make 20 a year out of parts, though.

That's you and me. There are a million people that would spend $50 on a suppressor. That's in contrast to the 1000s that would currently spend $500 and wait a year.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    So i can CC in Maryland as it is now , so a member is saying it is alright for another county or city to impose that i could not carry in . Is that what we see as okay . Then these stores can make up their own BS and not make a lawful sale for someone that is not disapproved .

Not right as far as i can see, Legal and Lawful is all i want , nothing more .

I believe I am the member you are referring to Welder and no that is not what I am saying. In every post I made, I advocated *less* restrictive. I can see where if municipalities are given the "right" to make their own rules/laws it could go the wrong way, but that is not what I am advocating.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Sales spread over 10,000% new manufactures, every kid with a 3D printer would be selling a metal can with disposable printed baffles for 9.95,,
    Imagine the 40' sea containers coming from China :)

Nope, the current manufactures want no part of the suppressors becoming "unregulated". would you rather make 10 wigets a week and sell them for $400 or 1000 wigets a week and sell them for $25

So the question is whether I want to make $4k or $25k a week? That is easy to answer.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I believe I am the member you are referring to Welder and no that is not what I am saying. In every post I made, I advocated *less* restrictive. I can see where if municipalities are given the "right" to make their own rules/laws it could go the wrong way, but that is not what I am advocating.

I want no restrictions for law abiding citizens . We should have no control on our God given rights .
    When we have the government hold a thumb over us and then a gun store as well places a thumb over us we have a f'ed up system

Lazy businesses that F with us as well as the Government . I don't need two big brothers looking over me to tell me what is good for me because they are lazy . I want to buy according to the law , i am not asking for more .

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I want no restrictions for law abiding citizens . We should have no control on our God given rights .
    When we have the government hold a thumb over us and then a gun store as well places a thumb over us we have a f'ed up system

Lazy businesses that F with us as well as the Government . I don't need two big brothers looking over me to tell me what is good for me because they are lazy .

Welp, after all that, we agree.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I think they are just protecting themselves, and livelihood.

That’s the correct answer- I don’t blame them for being cautious, and agree that in current times they aren’t desperate for any of our business with the demand that exists.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    So infringements by a gun store are okay ?

What about infringements by our government ? okay as well

I don’t see an infringement of a right when a business refuses a potential transaction that they are uncomfortable with or exists in a grey area of the law especially if they are confident they can sell easily especially when there are other options for the buyer in the market. That happens often I would guess in firearm retail sales.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Would it be infringement when members here complete FTF sales and require ID and a Bill of Sale? I don’t think that’s an infringement either and I do that as do many others.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I don’t see an infringement of a right when a business refuses a potential transaction that they are uncomfortable with or exists in a grey area of the law especially if they are confident they can sell easily especially when there are other options for the buyer in the market. That happens often I would guess in firearm retail sales.

You know there is no gray area , i am able to buy and it is lawful to buy .

If they just don't want to sell to me , then why all the BS about lawful & unlawful sales and trying to convince me that Md. will not allow it .

If they don't like my first or last name then why not say that . All of it is ******** and you know it . Do you work at that store or you like infringements ?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Would it be infringement when members here complete FTF sales and require ID and a Bill of Sale? I don’t think that’s an infringement either and I do that as do many others.

I have never bought guns here at MDS , i would think it would be based on what Maryland requires or i am not a buyer .

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Dude it’s going to cost you $50 to have it shipped and transferred.

It’ll probably cost you $50 in gas to get there and back

I won’t transfer a C&R out of state across the line. Why? Not cuz i won’t honor it but because i value my time at a rate some might think is high. 2 useable hours of my day is expensive. The reason i never used gym ratz in their beginning is an hour 15 there and an hour 15 back of my time in my mind negated the savings of the physical cash.

Maybe the shop owner values his time as i do mine and as such isn’t going to spend an hour researching it for you without additional compensation.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    It’s funny i actually have placed a monetary value on my time and do base a lot of decisions off it

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Dude it’s going to cost you $50 to have it shipped and transferred.

It’ll probably cost you $50 in gas to get there and back

I won’t transfer a C&R out of state across the line. Why? Not cuz i won’t honor it but because i value my time at a rate some might think is high. 2 useable hours of my day is expensive. The reason i never used gym ratz in their beginning is an hour 15 there and an hour 15 back of my time in my mind negated the savings of the physical cash.

Maybe the shop owner values his time as i do mine and as such isn’t going to spend an hour researching it for you without additional compensation.

My son loves taking drives with me , i was going to make a day out of it with him with lunch .
    I don't care about the money side of it (within reason) i care about my time with him .
    That is the truth of it . We have drove to OC for lunch with stops for coffee and donuts . Life is about memories

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    whelp I wil go there

so if a place sees a black guy come in, the can "feel uncomfortable" because they think all blacks are hoodrats so they can make a sale to another, less ominous person? If that is racism or against the law if that person meets all criteria then for an enumerated right, should be the same. Like most businesses, personable down home traits are long in the past and they have "gone corporate dude". Schmoney....so they feel they can pick and choose due to the sellers' market.. eff them. Hence, why I give the big FU to Fox in Columbia or wherever they exist now.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    My son loves taking drives with me , i was going to make a day out of it with him with lunch .
    I don't care about the money side of it (within reason) i care about my time with him .
    That is the truth of it . We have drove to OC for lunch with stops for coffee and donuts . Life is about memories

That’s awesome! I love that you value your time with him. That’s the way parenting should be. You’d know a lot more than me in the daddy area as I’m only 4 1/2 years into this game but that being said maybe the cost benefit ain’t worth it for the shop owner.

My buddy owns a business and oddly enough people come in all the freaking time and try to barter with him for the time/product instead of just giving him cash. So let’s say his product is $150 and they trade him an item he doesn’t really need for $200, he then has to use his time to get rid of the item for $200.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    There are many here that don't see a problem , it really surprises me and disturbs me as well . I guess we all need to understand and accept what BS is enough . What infringements cross the line . The purchase is either Lawful or Unlawful i see nothing else but a store that don't care and that is no better then the Dicks of the world

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom