• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigjoe

bigjoe
    Oct 1, 2012
    Ellicott City
    I have a Ares Defense Shrike 5.56 GEN 5 upper that is now married to a custom machined, by me, Aero precision lower. It also has a Slide Fire solutions bump stock on it. It is the most damn fun rifle/ money pit I own. Runs 100% belts or mags. If you can swing the cash by one.

C210INF

May 25, 2013
    Maryland
    The rifle you purchased is the mag fed only version of the MCR rifle (see Ares Defense models list below). The MCR is not the Shrike. Shrike comes with heat sink inside the forward rail, barrel handle, full auto BCG, etc., in all it is about $2000 difference between the MCR and Shrike (both being dual-fed models). The good thing is that Shrike and MCR parts are interchangeable. You can purchase the MCR-035 (nickel plated fed tray, dual-fed, self-regulated gas system) for anywhere between $2500 to $3200 from PSA.

Ares Defense models list:
    2gvkk1v.jpg

MCR-035 dual-fed w/ nickel plated feed tray:
    2e1bxbm.jpg

MCR stamp, not Shrike:
    23sokk.jpg

For Shrike uppers:
    http://dealernfa.com/shrike-5-56-advanced-weapons-system/

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Did you buy one of these SCAR? I assume you did, if you want a review of the MGI, my buddy just bought one, It having to go back to the manufacturer to fix a canted barrel wasnt a good first impression.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I bought one to get fitted with a RLL. It was too good of a deal to pass up.
    I sent out the lower to get fitted for the link and currently using it with the magfed upper.

It performs well, accuracy is superb , averages sub moa groups with good ammo. Ill post an update when the RLL gets released from BATFE exile.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Ran across this post and thought I would throw my hat in the ring. I love this rifle. Most expensive gun I ever owned but worth every penny!

I just installed the Franklin Binary trigger. Haven't played with it much but it seems pretty cool so far.

Attachments

• 20160629_161410.1.jpg
      20160629_161410.1.jpg
      43.2 KB · Views: 134
    • 20160629_160927.1a.jpg
      20160629_160927.1a.jpg
      99.1 KB · Views: 134

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members