• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    Always check the law before carrying anything. Make sure to check state law as well as local law where you intend to carry. For instance, Baltimore City has this on the books:

Long-Barrel Firearms
    Offense: Carrying firearm with barrel over 14".
    (Art. 19, §59-1)
    Penalty: $500/60 days. (Art. 19, §59-1)

Now I'm not sure how that jives with state preemption, but I'd rather not find out. It would be an interesting test case to open carry a registered SBS or SBR. I've always wanted a short barreled shotgun... :party29:

Here's a link to download a PDF of Article 19 of the Baltimore City Code (Police Ordinances)

A quick search through the Digest of Criminal Offenses for Baltimore City doesn't turn up much for knives. The only penalty listed is:

Switch-Blade Knives
    Offense: Selling, possessing, etc., a switchblade knife. (Art.19, §59-22)
    Penalty: $500/1 year. (Art.19, §59-22)

Sources:

http://www.baltimorecity.gov/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=AuP3%2bFijK24%3d&tabid=159

http://www.baltimorecity.gov/Government/CityCharterCodes.aspx

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Last time we went to Powerplant was some 1 1/2 years ago. Saw the Leg Warmers at Rams Head. Went with her college friends and paid an extra $10 to go to the VIP section where it would be less crowded. Left my wife alone for 5 mins to use restroom and some scum bag was trying to talk to her when I got back. We relocated for the rest of the concert.

Getting out of there was a huge fight right outside PP involving 10+ people plus police. It started about 15 feet from us as we were walking by. We parked 1 block south in the public parking garage. When we went to leave after the show there were yutes hanging out in the parking garage, people who didn't have cars just chillin'.

I felt very unsafe the whole time we were there until we were on 83 headed out. We still had a good time but we won't be going back ever. The folks that started the big fight didn't look like they were customers of Powerplant Live, nor the folks hanging in the parking garage. I really really wish I were carrying (legally of course) or had something with me because I felt unsafe and unprotected.

Baltimore City better learn quick that safety and crime is linked to economic stability. If the downtown area for tourism gets a bad rap for safety then people from the 'burbs are going to quit going. We'll go to PA now where I can legally carry and take responsibility for my own safety.

scrovak

Back in the "Free" State
    May 2, 2011
    but are you a real cowboy? 'if it has hair can you ride it and subsequently if it has a beat can you dance to it?

For the first part, yes, you can ask the ex wife :innocent0

As for the latter, I'm still a white guy, so it takes a few beers first :lol:

IN all seriousness though, I have ridden a bull, and I would get up every morning to feed and water horses, basically all the work of owning a farm while renting a 1 BR efficiency apartment attached to the place...

jaypark

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 29, 2009
    peoples republic of MOCO
    N all seriousness though, I have ridden a bull, and I would get up every morning to feed and water horses, basically all the work of owning a farm while renting a 1 BR efficiency apartment attached to the place...

copy that.... was the bull named lisa? if so I tapped it as well

scrovak

Back in the "Free" State
    May 2, 2011
    Lol! Nope, that angry bull started with a 'K', but the one I rode at Cowtown was named Yellow. Or Yeller. Couldn't tell...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom