• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    In Virginia at least.

Needed to get out of the house today so I went browsing around some of the shops down here in Virginia while visiting the in laws.

While there weren't exactly tons of ARs and AKs on the shelves, they were there. Apparently the mania hasn't been quite as brisk down here.

I did see a PMAG for sale.....for $100. :rolleyes:

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    In Virginia at least.

Needed to get out of the house today so I went browsing around some of the shops down here in Virginia while visiting the in laws.

While there weren't exactly tons of ARs and AKs on the shelves, they were there. Apparently the mania hasn't been quite as brisk down here.

Good God! Where in VA?

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The Gun Shack in Verona had about a half dozen 223 and 308 ARs on the shelf.

They were the ones with the magazine.

Dominion had a fair number of ARs and some thumb hole AKs on the shelf.

Gun Shacks guns were priced at $1895

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    The Gun Shack in Verona had about a half dozen 223 and 308 ARs on the shelf.

They were the ones with the magazine.

Dominion had a fair number of ARs and some thumb hole AKs on the shelf.

Gun Shacks guns were priced at $1895

Wow, I get the marked up prices on the AR's and AK's but $100 per pmag?? :sad20:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    In Virginia at least.

so if the mag is for $100.. could only imagine how much the ar's are.. :lol2:

LadySmith

Was that $1800 for a basic AR with no bells and whistles? If so, that doesn't sound like a the huge mark up I would expect at this time. I bought my Sig 223 right before the election as an investment. I'm thinking about selling it but feel a little guilty about profiting from the hysteria and uncertain times. But supply and demand is one of the first principals one learns in economics. Somehow I'm still conflicted though.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Basic guns...might have been DPMS. I went over the shop mostly to visit. It's one of those shops with the coffee always brewing and some chairs for sitting and visiting.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Was that $1800 for a basic AR with no bells and whistles? If so, that doesn't sound like a the huge mark up I would expect at this time. I bought my Sig 223 right before the election as an investment. I'm thinking about selling it but feel a little guilty about profiting from the hysteria and uncertain times. But supply and demand is one of the first principals one learns in economics. Somehow I'm still conflicted though.

Put it on Gunbroker for MSRP. Then have them determine the price.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Basic guns...might have been DPMS. I went over the shop mostly to visit. It's one of those shops with the coffee always brewing and some chairs for sitting and visiting.

A basic D...PMS for $1895??? That's almost the same as charging $3000 for a basic Colt.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    A basic D...PMS for $1895??? That's almost the same as charging $3000 for a basic Colt.

One could have been a Remington...it was camo.

Regardless, he's got them and I guess people are free to either buy them or not buy them.:shrug:

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I stopped by an indoor range near Ashburn VA today that was completely picked over. No AR's, Ak's or mags to be found.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    Town Police Supply has a ton of AR's in bound. They are the supplier for the company that I work for. Collinsville and Richmond

Don't know what "your"prices will be. They treat us/company well.

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    I stopped by an indoor range near Ashburn VA today that was completely picked over. No AR's, Ak's or mags to be found.

You should have hit the gunshow at Dullus. Crazy busy, but there were plenty of magazines to be had - if you had the cash.

USGI 30's new were $25 and up

new PMAGs started at $35 and went up

USED USGI 30s were $18

The only 'deal' were the 30 round Glock 9mm magazines for $30, I'm assuming they were Korean, but that was still a fairly 'normal' price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom