As it stands now, what the transport provisions for AR-15s in the AWB bills?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    IF the AWB becomes law, will I be able to take my EBRs to the range after the AWB takes effect?

I don't think so. Once that takes effect a banned gun cannot leave your house, unless taking it to a police station for disposal.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I have a work around for transporting a AR if the AWB goes into effect the way it reads right now.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

TACAV

Aug 6, 2008
    I don't think so. Once that takes effect a banned gun cannot leave your house, unless taking it to a police station for disposal.

i am pretty sure they added "transport" to the 3rd reading. so unless something changes you should be good now.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    As long as it is registered- they added a provision, but I don't know about going out of state and bringing it back in, like if your range is in PA or whatever.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    As long as it is registered- they added a provision, but I don't know about going out of state and bringing it back in, like if your range is in PA or whatever.

Frosh added his LSS response saying that yes, if it is registered that you can take it out of state and come back with it. The context was with MD residents that attend shooting events out of state or have vacation homes in other states.

Btw, LSS stands for Lying Sack of Sh!t, so take his word for what it is.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    C'mon guys the amended bill clearly has transport in it. Not that was needed, but they put it in to address the concerns. Even returning to the state with it is ok.

What remains a problem is out of state residents coming into the state, for something like a match.

The amendment has been written to address that, and should go in to the house bill. That one is a little more of a hard sell, hopefully it will pass. It uses the same criteria as transporting a handgun to temporarily allow a non-resident to bring an AW into the state. Hopefully that amendment will pass when it comes up.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom