• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Moved my thread

This thread got a bit off topic and I did not intend to start a debate. I'm just a trying to sell guns. :)

I have deleted the text and will move the thread over to my area of the IP section, which I should have done to begin with.

Thanks!

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Given the current market, I think it's a bit unreasonable to assume "they know what they cost".

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Given the current market, I think it's a bit unreasonable to assume "they know what they cost".

Perhaps I should have said anyone who has bought or shopped for one recently.

Better?

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    To borrow a term I hear in the car world a lot; I think this is one of those "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" type deals.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Trades, I've got a spare kidney and lung that I'm not using? I'd offer my soul but CZ Custom Shop already took it. Seriously though, very cool investment if you can afford it.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    This rifle is not insanely priced for what it is, but folks who never tried to buy one or never looked into what they go for on the open market often suffer sticker shock.

This one is dirt cheap compared to the six figures some vintage Greman heavy machine guns go for.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    maybe one day they'll open the registry again, or hey- do away with the whole idea that civilians are intrinsically untrustworthy with such goodies.

Won't it be nice to buy a select fire weapon for less than 4K?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    If you're offering it for sale, why not just post the price?

Its very common for many dealers here on MDS. I never liked it, but it is what it is I guess. People get all bent about places like CTD "gouging", but at least they list the price instead of leaving people wondering. People get mad about dealers not giving prices over the phone, but have nothing to say about "P.M. Pricing".

This post isnt directly at the O.P., but a general trend from MDS I.P.'s in regards to posting prices.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    It's sort of a good business practice. Theoretically it gets you foot traffic to your store and possible phone calls.

rcpd34

Peoples Republic Maryland
    Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    It's sort of a good business practice. Theoretically it gets you foot traffic to your store and possible phone calls.

To me it has the opposite effect. I find it a turn off as it gives the appearance of trying to get every dollar out of a person who may not know the market.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Not trying to make waves or make people angry.

Sometimes we do post prices in the open, other times we don't.

The kind of person who is going to buy the rifle very likely does not want the purchase price announced in the clear for any number of reasons, and in fact they likely don't want to announce that they even own the weapon to the public, and make no mistake, these forums are viewed by the public in general.

RCPD34, if you want to know the asking price, just PM as I requested.

By the way, I worked for Rockville City in the 80s, if that is your agency we likely know one-another.

GP

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Go cry in another corner.

IP's dont even need to offer their items on this forum. Sure it helps them move inventory but a gun described in this thread in this market WILL sell with the right buyer real quick.

If you are surely interested PM them. If you want to see what they go for go on Gunbroker and jerk off to those pictures.

If you were a serious buyer and needed one yesterday you'd be in the shop waiting on Tuesday to buy this.

Most people complaining about prices not being listed probably drive a car valued less then this gun.

It's not a Glock. I find it frustrating when IP's wont list prices on generic run of the mill guns....but something odd I can see the point of not doing it.

tttongli

Oct 3, 2008
    HOWARD
    This is a good point, just in this case thought.

Not trying to make waves or make people angry.

Sometimes we do post prices in the open, other times we don't.

The kind of person who is going to buy the rifle very likely does not want the purchase price announced in the clear for any number of reasons, and in fact they likely don't want to announce that they even own the weapon to the public, and make no mistake, these forums are viewed by the public in general.

RCPD34, if you want to know the asking price, just PM as I requested.

By the way, I worked for Rockville City in the 80s, if that is your agency we likely know one-another.

GP

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    vintage German heavy machine guns go for.
    um like the MG 42? cough cough.
    Not in the same ballpark.
    There are many in MD who do not believe me when I
    say we may own fully auto machine guns.
    Sturmgewehr.com answers your lustful desires.
    Only if you have coin.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    This one is dirt cheap compared to the six figures some vintage Greman heavy machine guns go for.

MG34s are $20-$30K, MG42s are $30-$40K, MG08s are $12-$20K... maybe 6 figures if you add them? The only German MG that I know of bring 6 figures is a FG42. Being a Paratrooper gun, its far from heavy MG! :)

Go cry in another corner....ng when IP's wont list prices on generic run of the mill guns....but something odd I can see the point of not doing it.

I never like it when a price is not posted. I have bought 4 registered MGs and currently have three of them. Posting a price keeps me from wasting my time. Most forums require a price to be posted just for this reason. Also they would only allow this thread in the for sale section but if MDS likes it that way, its fine with me. He says no tire kickers but how can one be anything but on an ad without pictures or prices? I mean if I was in the market for a M16, I know at under $19K I am calling to say I will take it. At $19-20K, thats got me really thinking. At $20-22K I know he is at high market price and I can probably do better in time. Over that, he is dreaming or looking for that guy who does not know what he is doing. Plus being in MD is really a negative for me too as I have to add 6% sales tax. So again price becomes real important as I could save around $1200 from getting the same gun out of state and transferring it in (which would add only $100 and some time). Just because you post an asking price does not tell us what the final sale price was so the buyer should not care if its posted for that reason. For those of us tracking prices as I do, its annoying as we watch the market to see when we should get in. So I have to agree with those turned off by the lack of pictures and a price. Its only my 2 cents so take it for what its worth. I may not be in the M16 market now mainly because of the recent climb in their prices but that does not mean I will not be the next time you have a MG for sale.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Not even going to ask. I do wish that you had posed this before I got engaged and had to pay for a wedding... Oh well! Good luck with your sale!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom