As Vice President of MSI, I want to thank you.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I want to thank those that have been writing, emailing, calling and faxing our representatives in the legislature. A group is only as powerful as its membership is willing to be and many of you have stepped up with your time and financial donations.

Which leads me to the money thing.

MSI has received TONS of donations in the past few months. Some have been in the three digit range (that's 3 digits BEFORE the decimal point!)

In fact today, we received a $100 donation from a fellow in Lancaster, PA. No doubt due to MSI's work on behalf of the reciprocity bills over the past 2 years.

Today was a ROUGH day and the people that took the time to attend the hearings deserve an extra pat on the back. The cold weather certainly made getting there no fun for those of us that walked from the parking garage or further, and the condescending approach Senator frosh took again today in regard to running the hearing is enough to make anyone's blood boil. The corruption of our government runs so deep that I think they honestly believe they're doing nothing wrong. Business as usual, Chicago style and Senator Frosh is no stranger to paying back favors.

So thanks all, and cheers. :beer:

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    Thanks to you Spot. It was clear to me today just how dedicated and organized you and the rest of the MSI leadership are. We'd be lost without you guys.

Now all we need to do is get Norton an audience at these hearings.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Thanks to you Spot. It was clear to me today just how dedicated and organized you and the rest of the MSI leadership are. We'd be lost without you guys.

Now all we need to do is get Norton an audience at these hearings.

While I wasn't there, I echo these thoughts and appreciate all you guys do for MD.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    How did Frosh get the Chairmanship of the Judical Committee? Ithought I heard somewhere that he is appointed by Mike Miller. If that is the case too bad we can't put the pressure on there too in trying to get Frosh out of his seat. Just a thought but in a chess game like this all options should be considered.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I was hoping that we would have had more people there, i saw too many empty seats. When we went to the House Judiciary last year it was standing room only. I wish i would have had a photo book of the msi members so i could say hi and introduce myself, the pins will help in the future. Even though i didn't get there till 3pm i made it but next time I'll ask someone to put my name on the list if i can't be there at the beginning. I was getting so frustrated listing to all the stupidity and knowing i wasn't going to get a chance to say anything. I am doing a Hearing follow up email and cover the points i noticed.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    The blue shirts are awesome. They stand out clearly in the crowd even from across the entire room. If every MSI member attending wore their blue shirt it would stand out like a billboard in that room. Even though I didn't speak when Norton spoke and introduced himself as head of MSI all I had to do was stand proudly in the back of the room. Instantly his testimony became my testimony as well because I had a big bold MSI logo on my shirt.

Having said that, the room only holds maybe a hundred people. Not sure how many MSI members there are but I bet it would take less then 10% of the MSI membership to fill that room entirely with blue so that there isn't room for anyone else to get through the doors. Maybe we should offer to charter a bus next time we get a hearing day like that. Or perhaps the more active members could make phone calls to the less active members offering to car-pool. Just seems like a real maximum effort here could make a statement the SJPC couldn't ignore.

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    I was hoping that we would have had more people there, i saw too many empty seats. When we went to the House Judiciary last year it was standing room only. I wish i would have had a photo book of the msi members so i could say hi and introduce myself, the pins will help in the future. Even though i didn't get there till 3pm i made it but next time I'll ask someone to put my name on the list if i can't be there at the beginning. I was getting so frustrated listing to all the stupidity and knowing i wasn't going to get a chance to say anything. I am doing a Hearing follow up email and cover the points i noticed.

I think carpooling is a fantastic idea -- make it as easy as possible to get blue shirts in the room. I regret not buying one before the hearing yesterday!

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28

It was a full house when it started but the Pro people tended to leave after they spoke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom