• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    I remember a Mark Kiriaco. Won't claim I knew him, just the name.

Yep, that's one of them, and his elder brother was Joe. They used to ride mini bikes n such up and down Arctic and up in those woods in the late 70's - 80's. Now Mark teaches all things Crotch Rocket Racing up at Summit Raceway in West by God... Lucky to have loosey goosey gun laws up that way too.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I used to live on Grenoble Dr. back in the 1976-1978 time frame between the time I retired from motorcycle racing and when I met my future wife. Shared a house with an old car racing buddy of mine, Jack O'Dea (his house). He and I and Norm Beaver used to autocross against each other from the 1972 to about 1975 time frame thru the entire Baltimore-Washington DC area. Only times I have been by there since it looked kind of dumpy.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    cool.

Worked at Hard Times from the Summer of 87 on and off until 90-91.

Then you know my brother Toes (Rob)

There has been one of us at HD since the 80's. My younger Brother Chris- Fizz who passed away this past Feb worked in the RV store and then at the Bethesda place until he died. Now my youngest daughter works at the RV location.

Last edited:

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    I used to live on Grenoble Dr. back in the 1976-1978 time frame between the time I retired from motorcycle racing and when I met my future wife. Shared a house with an old car racing buddy of mine, Jack O'Dea (his house). He and I and Norm Beaver used to autocross against each other from the 1972 to about 1975 time frame thru the entire Baltimore-Washington DC area. Only times I have been by there since it looked kind of dumpy.

You had to have known the Fapels(s/p). I lived right next door to them.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Then you know my brother Toes (Rob)

There has been one of us at HD since the 80's. My younger Brother Chris- Fizz who passed away this past Feb worked in the RV store and then at the Bethesda place until he died. Now my youngest daughter works at the RV location.

Use to play ball at Woodley Gardens, HTC was standard procedure. One day friend and I took a Cessna 150 got to about 300AGL in a full slip over WG and unleashed the eggs on a rival team..

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Use to play ball at Woodley Gardens, HTC was standard procedure. One day friend and I took a Cessna 150 got to about 300AGL in a full slip over WG and unleashed the eggs on a rival team..

Softball/baseball? My father owned the butcher shop in WG and sponsored a team for a few seasons

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Both my parents grew up in Aspen Hill and graduated from Peary in the 60's. Mom lived on Tallahassee ave and Dad lived on Aspen hill rd. Still go by Grandparents house on Aspen Hill every now and then, hav'nt been by Mom's house in years. I still remember a lot from around the area when I was a kid going to visit Grandparents and Godparents. Anyone else use Dr Shienman (spelling?) for a dentist?

one-star

Mar 9, 2009
    Nice. Moved to Twinbrook in 1979 on Ardennes. Parents still live there. Went to St. Jude for 8th, Good Counsel for 9th, then Rockville the rest and graduated in 1984, along with wifey. She lived in Manor and could have gone to Peary, Magruder or RHS. She worked at the Roy Rogers in Aspen Hill. LOL, I flipped dog food at the Rustler's Steak House in HS.. I still remember that movie theater there in Aspen Hill, and the Dairy Queen on Georgia. When I was a frosh at GC, I played football and went with seniors to Trolley Car and ate pizza and drank beer. Sigh......... Oh, like in another thread, went to Marchone's in Wheaton Triangle for awesome subs and Barbarian Books. :)

Marchone's and Barbarian are still here, but the old GM bought out the place and Marchone's is now Flippo's

Sonofagun

Mar 8, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    Aspen Hill is rapidly becoming much more Jewish, with the community centered around Peary. We've had like a dozen observant families move in over the past couple years, and I think a lot more are coming.

A decade from now, it might be more like Kemp Mill than Wheaton, thanks to the synagogue/school at the old Peary high school. :)

Is the anchor still at the school?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    No. It was moved to a nearby high school, I forget which one. The war memorial is still there. The gym still has the old banners and the mascot on the wall, IIRC.

It is at Kennedy High School. Approach condition one..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom