• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    i've told you before i was willing to help you--right across key bridge from you.

if you're unwilling to do the legwork to take me up on it, meh.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    As many have said its a lot easier than you think.

A razor blade, mallet, screw driver and some punches and you are good to go.

Do yourself a favor and do it in a clean room and wear some safety glasses. If you launch a detent you may never find it and dont want to loose an eye.

For a pro I recommend use whatever you deem sufficient. For someone starting out I recommend using the proper tools that way you can focus on the build and not on manipulating tools to do things they may not necessary be meant to do. This is just MHO. I was at one point where the OP was and decided to get the right tools.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    :D update* from that noob guy.........i practically assembled my lower,only need to tighten the castle nut which i do not have the proper tool

Awesome - its definitely not as daunting of a task as it seems in the beginning. I think most people think that it is harder then it is before they actually try it

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    :D update* from that noob guy.........i practically assembled my lower,only need to tighten the castle nut which i do not have the proper tool

Continental Arms in Timonium has the castle nut tool in stock. I picked one up last Sat. Something like $8 or $9.

fordtruck317

Apr 9, 2011
    Middle River
    I will try and remember to take mine in to work with me. Pm me I am in Dundalk. If you want to buy one, try the gun shop on eastern. They have reasonable prices

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom