• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    A gridlocked legislature is the best legislature.

We're awash in laws, most of which are not only unnecessary, but detrimental to our personal and economic freedom.

Short of an asteroid falling square on DC during a State of the Union address, having a Congress that is unable to produce any legislation is the best thing that can happen to our country.

BobA, you are beginning to rack up the same similar thoughts as I do.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    National Gun Registry Sen Kennedy sees it.

While he said a lot of great things, I’m not exactly sure whomever made that poster board knows what a pistol brace is and Kennedy should have been showing an AR15/AK pistol which would be converted to an SBR not a handgun.
    I don’t even know how you grip this the way the image was photoshopped together.
    f95eb1f5806985e0eb0503fa0c34d65d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    #sigh. appreciate the effort, but what a shit show. Indicative of the Louisiana education system (not that MD public education is that much better)?

"An educated citizenry is a vital requisite for our survival as a free people." (Thomas Jefferson, maybe)

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    While he said a lot of great things, I’m not exactly sure whomever made that poster board knows what a pistol brace is and Kennedy should have been showing an AR15/AK pistol which would be converted to an SBR not a handgun.
    I don’t even know how you grip this the way the image was photoshopped together.

I'm sure he knew exactly what he was doing.

None of the other idiots (on the Left) would know that difference....making an ass out of them.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I'm sure he knew exactly what he was doing.

None of the other idiots (on the Left) would know that difference....making an ass out of them.

When one of your main talking points is false narratives being spouted as truths, such as turning into automatic weapon, faster reloading, more deadly, etc… just by attaching a brace you should be speaking the truth not showing blatantly incorrect slides and trying to pass them off as truths.

You do nothing but make yourself look as uninformed as the people you’re claiming are uninformed.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    #sigh. appreciate the effort, but what a shit show. Indicative of the Louisiana education system (not that MD public education is that much better)?
    Not sure what specifically warranted your " Shit show" and Louisiana education system comment. Granted Mr Kennedy's presentation may have had a degree of vagueness or awkwardly described, but I am sure if he was able to acquire and display all the various braces, stocks, types of pistols etc., it still would not have made a difference to sway the minds of the gun grabbers.

He also was not spouting off his misunderstanding of how braces can make a gun more powerful, faster to load, etc, but INSTEAD HE repeating the BS pile of LIES FJB went in front of the American public with.

While Senator Kennedy had the poster of the Glock/ ENDO type mount system, he demo'd an actual pistol brace that can be placed on one's arm and gun. The Endo device as shown is essentially a stock which DOES make the gun into the as defined SBR. in the Endo Tactical ad it basically shows pics of the device in the poster.

1687804198151.png

Also, in this article below, it gives breakdowns of the variations and how the gov't defines them at present.

1687804478154.png

It is possible that Senator Kennedy had that specific poster in order to show How in 2019 the Endo was targeted by the Govt but he did not convey that properly in his demo.

Last edited:

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    When one of your main talking points is false narratives being spouted as truths, such as turning into automatic weapon, faster reloading, more deadly, etc… just by attaching a brace you should be speaking the truth not showing blatantly incorrect slides and trying to pass them off as truths.

You do nothing but make yourself look as uninformed as the people you’re claiming are uninformed.

I think it's great. Senator Kennedy is using a Glock pistol to pull the wind from leftist's sails by showing the idiotic ATF rule targets more than just AR and AK type pistols. It also deflates the liberal narrative of faux defending the 2nd Amendment when they preach that they are not interested in banning handguns, yet.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    There is no "history and tradition" of the ATF banning pistol braces, there are precedents of the ATF exempting pistols with stocks from the 1934 NFA. I am certain this will be brought up in court.

This refers to your letters of March 13 and March 30, 1981, in
    which you ask that certain Luger and Browning Hi-Power pistols
    equipped with reproduction shoulder stocks be considered for
    removal from the provisions of the National Firearms Act.
    It is not the policy of this Bureau to render a classification on
    a shoulder stock which in and of itself is not subject to the
    provisions of the Gun Control Act or the NFA. However, as you are
    aware, certain Luger and Browning Hi-Power pistols when accompanied
    by original shoulder stocks have been removed from the purview of
    the NFA.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I disagree. AR/AK pics would get a more visceral response from lefties.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    There is no "history and tradition" of the ATF banning pistol braces, there are precedents of the ATF exempting pistols with stocks from the 1934 NFA. I am certain this will be brought up in court.

This refers to your letters of March 13 and March 30, 1981, in
    which you ask that certain Luger and Browning Hi-Power pistols
    equipped with reproduction shoulder stocks be considered for
    removal from the provisions of the National Firearms Act.
    It is not the policy of this Bureau to render a classification on
    a shoulder stock which in and of itself is not subject to the
    provisions of the Gun Control Act or the NFA. However, as you are
    aware, certain Luger and Browning Hi-Power pistols when accompanied
    by original shoulder stocks have been removed from the purview of
    the NFA.
    But that really is a red herring - as the standard is at the founding or reformation. Of course pistol braces didn't exist, but accessories or modification to firearms absolutely did. Candidly, the standard from Bruen should kill the NFA.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Took my FPC injunction protected, evil braced 9mm and 5.56 AR pistols to the range a couple of weeks ago. Had a few people want to know what they were, but nothing more.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Since the pistol brace rule went into effect for everyone except FPC members, has anyone heard rumors of any type of enforcement yet?
    Nothing, a lot of states say they won't enforce it, and nothing from the feds yet. I just do the same as I always do when shooting NFA stuff:
    "wow that is cool, is it legal"
    "yes"
    after that, most intrusions or requests to see paperwork etc is soon followed up by F off

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Nothing, a lot of states say they won't enforce it, and nothing from the feds yet. I just do the same as I always do when shooting NFA stuff:
    "wow that is cool, is it legal"
    "yes"
    after that, most intrusions or requests to see paperwork etc is soon followed up by F off

efddad141c56f3cb6e662eaeb45c451b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom