• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    That’s a really good question. Most online places seem to have a way. i wonder if it depends on if you create an “account” or checkout as a guest?

Or it could just be something simple that they only track certain items that are more likely to be “questionable” depending on who is asking?
    Regardless of size, the business has to ship to an address.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    Regardless of size, the business has to ship to an address.
    100%

To clarify, I also wonder if retailers can/do track searches/views of particular items, not just sales.

The use of a “tracking pixel” is disturbing - and it’s old tech. Advertisers can even fingerprint an individual based off the unique specs of a computer (screen size, processor, software versions, add-on’s, drivers, RAM, etc.)

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    My question is how many retailers track small items like this?

If an item is bought online there is a record of it. Thats just how it works.

Just as an example, my Sam's Club CC monthly invoice has a complete detail of every item I purchase for each visit. Even the hot dog combo gets itemized as a separate purchase.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    How do you pay cash online?
    Go to your local dollar store and buy a "Gift Card" and pay cash for it. Then go online using UPN and/or a publicly accessible computer and using the "Gift Card" order your item but have it shipped to a mail receiving company like "Mail Boxes" and when you go to pick up be sure to wear a disguise.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Gun shows. Preferably out of state. Better still if they are shows you don't normally attend. Pay cash.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Breaking news on the FRT front! From Guns and Gadgets The case in Texas has been granted a TRO and the judge said the plaintifs were likely to suceed on the merits:

BREAKING NEWS: ATF's Forced Reset Trigger Rule/New Machinegun Definition Are UNCONSTITUTIONAL​

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    25 minutes ago this was posted by Langley Outdoors. Enjoined the ATF and DOJ from enforcement!

Here is a more in depth look at the injunction from Guns and Gadgets:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom