• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • [Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I’ll be getting a knock on the door for researching the legality of oil can silencers.

Seems like a scare tactic. I bet you this whole incident is fake to give the impression that their eyes are everywhere.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Makes me want to search for them so when the ATF shows up I can tell them to F off.
    From what I gather, they are not getting info from "The internet". Retailers bowing under some sort of pressure giving up lists.
    "We won't tell them we got their name from you. We will just say we got it from internet searches they did".
    That's how I am guessing it.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Why would a retailer keep records of something as inane as this?

Would they also keep records of who bought fishing sinker weights? Would they keep records of who bought holsters?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

Would they also keep records of who bought fishing sinker weights? Would they keep records of who bought holsters?
    They might not, but their ISP may have the info stored in its log files.

With the AFT being accused of threatening FFLs it wouldn't be beyond belief that they are doing to other companies (Banks/ISPs/ShippingCos/PaymentProcessors).

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд

Everything is being stored/recorded. Pay cash so it's not tied to you. This is what I believe.

Because they're required by law to keep records of their transactions that aren't cash. And I'm not 100% sure it's the retailers or the manufacturers that are turning over the records. I'm thinking more likely than not it's the credit card companies or the banks. Remember, this product was perfectly legal to sell so there was no reason for retailers not to put a description of what was sold in the transaction record. The credit card companies have that information if the ATF asks the credit card companies supply the info without question. I also think that in some cases the ATF may have raided some of these manufacturers and retailers like they did with polymer 80.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    My question is how many retailers track small items like this?
    That’s a really good question. Most online places seem to have a way. i wonder if it depends on if you create an “account” or checkout as a guest?

Or it could just be something simple that they only track certain items that are more likely to be “questionable” depending on who is asking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom