• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m&p9

Dec 18, 2012
    Salisbury
    YOUR HELP IS NEEDED. My lifelong friend, Capt. James T. Dewees A Maryland State Police Commander, is officially announcing his 2014 campaign for the Carroll County Sheriffs Office on Friday, April 12th at the Greenmount Bowling Alley 3-6 pm. They will have FREE bowling, Pit Beef and Turkey, etc. Kids are welcome.

On May 11th Jim is having a Bull and Oyster roast at the Pleasant Valley Fire Hall to raise money for his campaign. The cost of a 10 seat table is $500.00, $55.00 for a single seat ticket and $60.00 at the door.

My entire family will be going and will offer Jim any support he needs to make this happen.

Jim is on our side when it comes to the current legislation and shares all of my views when it comes to guns and violence. you can check out his page on facebook. dewees4sheriff

Lets get him voted in. If you know anyone in Carroll County, Let them know.

Time to start the Voting in the right direction.

Best Regards

Brian Kerr

Feel free to PM me with any questions or just reply to thread

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I met and spoke with Jim in the House of Delegates.

I was impressed. Very "down to earth" and easy to speak to.

I, the same as yournamehere, would like to find out more. I know he is a South Carroll grad (Class of '88...GO CAVS!), and I know I liked his stances on topics we discussed in Annapolis (this was before I knew he was running for Sheriff), so as info and links to info come out, please inform us.

Thanks in advance-

Raineman-SCHS-Class of '84

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

I'll ask here, since I think other CC voters are probably asking themselves the same questions:

1. What is happening with Ken Tregoning? Is he retiring, or is Capt. Dewees running against him?

2. Is Capt. Dewees running as a Republican, or as a Democrat?

3. What are his credentials to support the assertion that he's on 'our' side?

m&p9

Dec 18, 2012
    Salisbury
    I met and spoke with Jim in the House of Delegates.

I was impressed. Very "down to earth" and easy to speak to.

I, the same as yournamehere, would like to find out more. I know he is a South Carroll grad (Class of '88...GO CAVS!), and I know I liked his stances on topics we discussed in Annapolis (this was before I knew he was running for Sheriff), so as info and links to info come out, please inform us.

Thanks in advance-

Raineman-SCHS-Class of '84

SCHS CLASS OF 85 PLEASE COME TO THE BUL ROAST AND ASK AS MANY QUESTIONS AS YOU LIKE

m&p9

Dec 18, 2012
    Salisbury
    I'll ask here, since I think other CC voters are probably asking themselves the same questions:

1. What is happening with Ken Tregoning? Is he retiring, or is Capt. Dewees running against him?

2. Is Capt. Dewees running as a Republican, or as a Democrat?

3. What are his credentials to support the assertion that he's on 'our' side?

1 RETIRING

2 WILL LET YOU KNOE BUT IM SURE REPUBLICAN

3 GOOGLE HIM TONS OF INFO

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Why should I vote for him vs Ken Tregoning?

Ken was originally a Democrat and lost 2x. Became a republican and won.

I would not classify him as PRO 2A.
    Obama, Biden and Tregoning all say they support the 2nd Amendment.

As far as I know, he has never said more..

Lets see who runs against him....

m&p9

Dec 18, 2012
    Salisbury
    I know that at least one of the 3 sheriffs that testified worked for jim and they have very like views. Jim also has had a citizen who was legally was carrying his gun saved Jims life when the chips were down in a scuffel with a bad guy trying to get his gun. he has also had to use his weapon. saved a mans life that was trying to commit suiced

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    YOUR HELP IS NEEDED. My lifelong friend, Capt. James T. Dewees A Maryland State Police Commander, is officially announcing his 2014 campaign for the Carroll County Sheriffs Office on Friday, April 12th at the Greenmount Bowling Alley 3-6 pm. They will have FREE bowling, Pit Beef and Turkey, etc. Kids are welcome.

On May 11th Jim is having a Bull and Oyster roast at the Pleasant Valley Fire Hall to raise money for his campaign. The cost of a 10 seat table is $500.00, $55.00 for a single seat ticket and $60.00 at the door.

My entire family will be going and will offer Jim any support he needs to make this happen.

Jim is on our side when it comes to the current legislation and shares all of my views when it comes to guns and violence. you can check out his page on facebook. dewees4sheriff

Lets get him voted in. If you know anyone in Carroll County, Let them know.

Time to start the Voting in the right direction.

Best Regards

Brian Kerr

Do you know what the views are of the current Carroll County Sheriff?

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Ken Tregoning is\was a pro 2A sheriff whether he was a Democrat before or a Republican now. He was very close friends of my late grandmother at church in Taneytown, and was a big collector of C&R style firearms. I've personally talked with him in great lengths and went to FSK high school with his daughter. Good guy and sad to see him leave. Will your new candidate support the 2A in great lengths, even with our modern firearms? As Ken was pretty much just an old school firearms enthusiast, which there is nothing wrong with that, it's just I believe a new sheriff should respect our new generation of collectors and enthusiasts. Do you have anymore information on you candidate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom